LXXXVIII - With My Everything

"The squad sorted dinner out, come on."

***

The beginning of the walk back to Headquarters was silent, only further allowing my mind to rage in my head. It took most of my energy to not raise my hand and have my fingertips linger above my lips, the same place his were just minutes before. The entire situation hit me like a stampede. 

Holy fucking shit, I kissed Levi. I kissed Levi. 

And he kissed me back. 

He walked a few steps ahead of me, his figure pacing evenly through the moonlit woods with such ease I seemed to overlook. I almost felt dizzy at what had happened, debating on whether this was real or not. On whether what had happened, actually happened. I blinked, dragging my gaze up to the raven ahead, biting the inside of my cheek as I soon found myself feeling more and more guilty about not having asked to perform such a move in the first place. 

"Lee?" I spoke up first, the tension between us somewhat... weird, in a sense, ever since we had left the cave. He turned his head a little, offering his attention as he walked between trees and over branches. "I- Shit, I'm sorry. I should've asked you first." I mumble, directing my gaze to the woods. I didn't pay enough attention to my peripheral as he turned to look at me for a moment, clicking his tongue before replying. 

"You want the truth? I'm glad you did it first, I would've never mustered up the courage to do it myself." He said calmly, facing forward once again. Scoffing slightly, I shook my head in amusement and looked up, trying to find the moon in the leaves and amongst the heavy clouds. 

"And they say Humanities Strongest, huh?" I remark, a cheeky smirk creeping upon my lips. "Who would've thought he'd be scared to kiss a girl?" This time it was his turn to scoff, the sound bringing my eyes to his as he rolled them, slowing his pace a little so we were now walking side by side. 

"I've had better things to do than to initiate intimacy, Mon Coeur." He retorts, making me gasp dramatically. I raise an eyebrow as I looked at him, my elbow nudging him a little in reassurance. 

"If I was your first kiss then just say that." I say with a laugh. He side glanced me for a moment before returning his gaze to the path ahead, eyes glinted with amusement. 

"Which also brings me to the question; was I yours?" He counters quickly. He absolutely was, and in every way, shape and form, it was perfect. The mood, the moment, the setting, I wouldn't have had it any other way. But I would never openly admit that, not yet at least. 

"That's for me to know and you to find out." I grin tilting my chin up a little in a cocky manner, watching as he rolled his eyes once more and looked ahead. I smile to myself, happy with this short conversation before a thought surfaced in my head. "So, Captain Ackerman, how did you come to find out your last name? Because to be honest, I'm kind of disappointed I wasn't there with you when you found out." He hummed quietly as he pondered the question, blowing a breath out through his nose. 

"Kenny was my uncle." He settled on, the answer only bringing forth more questions. 

"So then if you're an Ackerman, what does that make you and Mikasa?" I ask, putting a hand on my injured shoulder and rolling it a little, hoping to relieve a little of the ache. 

"I'm not sure, I think the safer guess would be distant cousins, though I can't be completely certain." His voice had a type of softness to it, an unseen vulnerability as he, for once, allowed a sense of transparency to overcome him. "I didn't get much more information from Kenny before he died. He did, however, leave a syringe of sorts filled with a weird fluid that if injected, you turn into a pure titan." My eyebrows raised at this new fact, because that would mean that if injected, you'd have to eat a titan shifter to gain their abilities as your own.