Back to school

Vals pov
I watch as my dad sits on the platform wagging his tail. I scratched behind his ear as I hear the whistle blow. "I've got to go dad!" I say as he whimpers giving me the puppy dog look. I roll my eyes placing a kiss on his head and scratching behind his ear one more time. "I'll see you at the end of the school year alright?" I ask pretending to be a happy pet owner. He barks and I laugh, Fred waits for me holding a hand out. "I'll try and mail you soon okay?" He nods and I place another kiss on the top of his head. "Bye dad" I whisper and hop on just as the train begins moving. "I'm gonna miss him!" I say as I stuff my suitcase on the rack. "Yeah but at the end of the year you'll be back to spending the summer with him." Fred states throwing a arm around my shoulder. George sits across from us with Angelina by his side. "We have to deal with the witch" I groan as I realized that. Draco walks by and I hop up. "Dray!" I call. He stops turning to me. "Thank you" I say. He smiles softly at me. "Anything for you" He heads down to the next section of the train. I sit back down next to Fred and talk as we continue our journey to Hogwarts. Once we arrive I hop out and decide to ride with Draco. "Draco! Come on!" I call over to him. He gives me a uneasy look, before walking away from his friends and heading over to me. "Hey" he whispers hugging me. "Hey" I smile pulling back. He keeps an arm around me as we walk towards the carriages with the twins in it. I give them a look that says "be nice or else" they nod just enough for me to see it. "How was your Christmas break?" I ask Draco making conversation. He flinched slightly, "Fine fine." He says but I could tell it was fake. I narrow my eyes at him and he gives me a smile. "Draco-" I'm cut off before I can finish. "Arms away children" I flinch at the sound of the toad. "Sorry Professor" I apologize. "Now can you explain to me why three Gryffindors are sitting with a Slytherin" She must not know. "The other carriages were full. So I had to get a ride with them" I hear Draco lie. I look over at him confused. "Is this true?" I nod confirming. As we continue the trek to Hogwarts up the stairs, I talk with Draco. "Meet me in the hall after dinner" I say before sitting with the twins. We listened to the clanking of the silver as we ate. No one talked, Harry sat on the other side of me. "Dracos staring at you" He says nudging me. I look over to see him trying to get my attention. He nods his head over to the hall and signals after dinner. I nod comfirming it. Dinner ends and I get up and head down the hall and hide behind a door. I wait for Draco to walk by before grabbing his collar and dragging him in the empty class room. "You scared me!" He hisses. I roll my eyes before saying "Draco tell me the truth" He looks toward the door and I send a lock on it. "My dad..." He trails off. He lets his guard down and starts to cry. "He used the crutiatus curse" I feel my eyes widen as he tells me this. "He also said that I had to become a death eater" He looks at me finally and I see a broken boy. "Draco" I hug him and he sobs in my arms. "Oh Draco! Why didn't you tell me earlier!" I whisper. "I was scared" He whispers. I rub his back just as the door opens but I don't care. I see it's Professor McGonagall. "My dear boy! What is wrong?" She rushes over to us. "Draco you can tell her" I whisper trusting McGonagall. After explaining everything to her she calls for Snape. "Did you know!" She hisses at him. "No" he says finally looking at me which by the way I'm still holding Draco. He pulls out his wand and I push Draco behind me. "Send one curse flying and I'll make sure it's the last thing you ever do" I threaten. Draco looks at me a little shocked as do the other two. "What makes you think you can?" He challenged. "You have to remember Professor. My dad escaped Azkaban. Do you really want to know?" I ask, Snape looks at me a little scared. "Tell Mr. Malfoy I'll be sending him a howler" I growl. "Certainly Ms. Black" Snape is gone within seconds. "I've never seen someone threaten him to the point he was scared." Professor McGonagall laughs. I feel someone wrap their arms around me picking me up and spinning me around. "That was amazing!" I laugh as Draco is in a better mood. It's good to be at school.