The Yule Ball practice

Vals pov

Every day I have to watch Cedric and Cho. I hate it sometimes I just want to jump off the Astronomy tower. McGonagall had kept us in class a lot longer than expected. I sit with my arms crossed as more Gryffindors pile in. Fred and George stand in the back and I glare at them. They grin at me and wink. I roll my eyes and turn back to McGonagall. "I have something to say to you all, the Yule Ball is approaching, a traditional part of Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity to socialize with our foreign guests, now the ball will be open to only fourth years and above although you may invite a younger student if you wish-" McGonagall is cut off by Lavender Brown who gave a shrill of a giggle and Parvati Patil tried to hold back her giggles as well glancing at Harry. I turn to face them glaring at them so they knew he was off limits to them. They clear their throats and look away. Harry gives me a thankful look and I grin at him. "Dress robes will be worn, and the ball will start at eight o'clock Christmas Day finishing at Midnight in the great hall." McGonagall continues. "Now the Yule Ball is a chance for all of us to er-let our hair down." Lavender giggled a lot harder than before. "Oh will you shut it, you have the most annoying giggle ever!" I finally snap at her. She goes quiet and McGonagall gives me a look between being thankful and a look that said don't do it again. "But that does not mean that we will be relaxing the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way." I turn to give a pointed look at Fred and George who smile innocently. The bell rings signaling to get to class and Harry has to stay behind. I stick with the twins but am still stopped to be asked to the Yule Ball. I glare at the ground as Fred and George laugh. "You know what I'm just gonna skip going to the ball all together!" I say as we make our way to the common room. "Who are you going with Fred?" I ask. His eyes land on Angelina and I smirk. "Go get em tiger," I push him towards her but he quickly backs away making me roll my eyes. "Wimp," I mutter. "If you're so tough why don't you do it?" Fred challenges. "Okay, George will you attend the Yule Ball with me?" I ask. George flushes, "Oh uh sure," Everyone was staring at us as Fred's jaw drops. "Great, and that's how you do it Weasley." I push Fred's jaw up and walk up to my dorm.