Old Memories

Val's pov

Dear Valentina,

Meet me in the coffee shop a block down, Harry will be there too. I'll see you tomorrow at noon.

Kingsley Shacklebolt

I quickly shove the letter under  pillow when I hear footsteps. I see my dad appear in my doorway leaning against the door frame. "How are you feeling?" It had been a week since the battle at the Ministry and I was fine, "Dad I'm fine why?" He comes in and sits on my bed. "Not very many people are okay like you are after being hit with an unforgivable curse." He grabs something out from underneath my bed and I frown moving to sit beside him. "I kept a photo book of you when you were with me." He opens the book and I laugh at the first picture. "You were getting your first bath in the sink downstairs." He explains. "You were-are a great dad you know that." I say as we look through the book. "Here's a picture of you and Harry, it was right before they went into hiding." Dad looks down. "Do you have a picture of you guys at all?" I ask. "It should be in here." He mumbles. "Ah here it is, it was our seventh year at Hogwarts, on the last day, James had finally gotten your mother to go on a date with him in sixth year." He laughs but looses it as soon as he sees Peter. "Was he a good kid?" I ask referring to Peter. "He was, but I should've seen the signs, in sixth year and seventh he started to get bags and kept running off somewhere. Peter always supported us." He describes him. "What about Snape?" I ask. He freezes, "I made some terrible mistakes growing up, one of them was bullying Severus. He was friends with your mother, until their fifth year, he called her a mudblood and she never forgave him." My eyes widen. "He loved her, still does." I realize. "That's why he hates me and Harry, we are a constant reminder of her." Dad smiles. "Dad you do realize if Tonks and Remus get married you're gonna be related to him." I grin. "I realized that." He laughs. "Why don't we have a father daughter day?" I ask. "I would love that." I grin, "Let's start with breakfast and then we can go for a walk in your animagus form." I say, Dad grins and we head downstairs. I make breakfast and we sit at the table eating. "Tell me about your first, second and third year at Hogwarts." Dad asks. "Well, my first year was mostly me and Draco fighting." I laugh. "About what?" He asks. "Our families, he thought I should have been a Slytherin." I say. "I was just like you, all of our family has been in Slytherin for generations but I was a Gryffindor." I explain. "Ah, what about your second year?" I smirk. "I was almost petrified." I begin. Dad chokes on his drink and I let out a laugh. "A giant Basilisk had been released throughout the castle and was petrifying muggle borns and enemies of the heir. It wasn't going after pure bloods. Harry almost died saving Ginny." I explain. "Ah, what about third year?" He asks his eyes brightening up. "Well, that was the year I met my father once again." I lean down kissing my dads cheek and getting his plate. "I spent most of my year studying and making new friends." I put the dishes in a sink. "You ready for that walk?" I ask. He transforms into the black dog and I put his color on and connect the leash. He whines and I roll my eyes. "Now, now Padfoot you have to be a good boy," I pet the top of his head. We walk down the street of the town when I spot a pet shop. I check to see I have a hundred dollars in regular money. I grin taking Padfoot across the street. I send him in to be washed and cut and grab him a new ball. He comes out a lot better, I pay and take him to the dog park down the street just a little ways down. There's another dog there and it's a golden retriever. I grin sitting next to the owner and throwing the ball. They both chase after it and fight for it. I look over at the owner and see he's smiling at the dogs. "Whats its name?" I ask striking up conversation. "Carey, she was named after my mother." He explains. "She's absolutely gorgeous" I comment. After half an hour Padfoot is ready to go. "It was nice talking to you." I wave to Stephan. As soon as we walk through the door and it's closed he changes, I laugh as he glares at me. He had shorter hair and his beard and mustache were gone. He looked younger, "You look younger" I point out. He shakes his head pulling me in for a hug. I was glad to have my dad.