Cedric meets dad

Val's pov

The day that Cedric had agreed to meet my father had come. He had a sent a letter a few weeks ago as only a few were let in on the secret of dad being a free man. Granted, everyone still thought he was a raging killer and that I would be just like him. Honestly it was kind of nice having people scared of me, no one messed with my family as much.

"Val!" A groan escapes my lips as I yank the covers over my head. "Valentina Black get up! You have cleaning to do before your lover boy comes over!" Within minutes my dad had yanked my blankets off my body making a whine escape my lips. He flicks my nose as I sit up, he seemed much more...alive. He looked healthier, he had trimmed his beard and his cheeks weren't so sunken in. There were no bags under his eyes, he didn't wake up screaming anymore either.

Granted it wasn't the best of the situation he was trying. He made an effort to be in my life, to be involved as much as he was able to be. It made me happier too, I had stayed with Sirius for most of the summer and visited Cedric at his place a couple of times.

I have to admit, I totally understood why the girls swooned after him. It didn't take me long before I had began crushing on the quidditch player. He was the perfect gentleman and treated me very well. He hadn't actually asked me out or even kissed me yet but I could already tell that he was definitely someone I was interested in.

I fell a little bit harder when he offered to meet my father as his own dad had been let in on the secret by Arthur. He trusted the Diggorys with his life and so Cedric being the perfect man he is offered to meet my dad.

And now that day was here and I was freaking out. My dad smirks as he crosses his arms. He looked younger too, almost like the weight of what had happened fell of his shoulders. "You really want lover boy seeing you dressed like this?"

A shirt and shorts, oh the horror of having Cedric see me this way. "Really dad?" I rub my nose slightly. "He's seen me in worse." This makes his eyebrows raise. "Oh god no! Dad gross I mean with the scars and everything that's happened. I almost always end up bloody by the end of the year."

"You really have to stop making that a habit." I give him a look as if to say 'uh no shit Sherlock'. "Hurry up, Remus is coming by as well. Said something about having make sure I behave properly."

"Dad his name is Cedric." I usher him out of the room. "And tell Kreacher to stop trying to move my stuff around!"

My dad's face darkens at this, that vile little house elf was making my life a living hell despite having to listen to what I tell him. He would rearrange stuff in my room, if I asked him to bring me my books he would bring the wrong ones and then state that I never actually specified what I wanted him to bring.

He was an annoying little creature.

"I will speak to him." I shut the door as my dad leaves trying to get the racing thoughts of Cedric out of my head. As I change into suitable clothes according to my dad, I wonder if Cedric would be afraid of him. Heading down the stairs to the kitchen I pause spotting red hair. No, no way that can't be happening. Fred and George were definitely not allowed over with Cedric coming.

"No, nope." I grab the two by their ears making them yelp. "Out! Out!"

"Val come on!" George whines as I push them towards the fireplace. "We won't do anything!"

I glower at the two who give me the same smiles. "Yeah come on Val." Fred throws his arms around me pulling me to him. My glower deepens but I can't stop the blush that forms. Ever since he apologized to be about being mean something had changed. He was much more flirtatious towards me. His kindness and actions didn't go unnoticed but something about him also made my heart jump too.