Chapter Six

Vals pov

The man before us was just as scraggly looking as he was the day he left Azkaban. I immediately push Harry and Hermione behind me as he stares at us.

"If you want to kill Harry you'll have to kill us too." I threaten as he steps towards us. His steps pause as he stares at me frowning.

"No, only one will die tonight." He smirks.

"Then it'll be you!"

"Harry!" I try to grab him before he got too far but I was too late. Hermione keeps me with her as I watch Harry push my father to the ground pulling his wand out.

"Are you going to kill me Harry?" My father taunts making me step forward.

"Harry!" His gaze snaps up to me and I step forward again. "Please." Before we could do anything else the doors are bursting open to reveal Remus.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry's wand goes flying and I frown as my godfather waves Harry away. The dark haired boy immediately puts himself in front of me and I peer over his shoulder trying to see. "Well, well Sirius looking rather ragged aren't we? Finally the flesh reflects the madness within."

"Well you would know all about the madness within wouldn't you Remus?" My father responds, Remus glances at me before leaning down and pulling my father up. The two share a quick hug and my father pulls back. "I found him! It's him!" 

"I know!" Remus nods. "I understand."

"Let's kill him!" My grip on my wand tightens as Hermione steps forward.

"No!" Hermione cries. "I trusted you! And all this time you've been his friend." I slowly step forward pulling at Hermione's arm.

"He's a werewolf!" Both Harry and Ron's heads snap towards me as I pause. "And Valentina knew it! That's why he's been missing classes."

"Of course she did!" My gaze snaps to my father. "She's his goddaughter! And my daughter after all." I feel tears well up as he smiles at me. I slowly back away towards My father and Remus as the three others stare at me.

"I'm sorry." I glance at Hermione. "How long have you known?"

"Since Professor Snape set the essay."

"Well, well, well, Hermione you really are the brightest which of your age I've ever met-"

"Enough talk Remus come on let's kill him." I glance at Harry who eye's widen.

"You'll have to kill me first to get to him." I step in front of my friends.

"Wait!"

"I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban!" My father roars. Remus glances at me before handing over his wand to my father.

"Very well, kill him." I tighten my grip on my wand as I feel my heart drop. I wasn't going to let my godfather and father kill the only person I had close to family. "But wait one more minute, Harry has the right to know why."

"I know why." Harry steps out from behind me. "You betrayed my parents, you're the reason they're dead."

"No Harry it wasn't him!" Remus denies. "Somebody did betray your parents but it was somebody who until quite recently I believed to be dead!" 

"Who was it then?"

"Peter Pettigrew." My father answers. "And he's in this room right now!" I glance around searching for anyone else that could be in the room before my eyes land on the rat in Ron's hands. I lower my wand as I stare at the stupid rat. He was animagus...Messer Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs...if my father was padfoot, Remus Moony and Prongs had been James...then... "Come out, come out Peter! Come out and play!"