The Potions Teacher

Val's pov 

I hug my dad now in human form. Witches and Wizards kept their distance as they pass him. "I'll see for Christmas dad." I grin. "I'll see you later sweetheart." He kisses my forehead and Fred kisses me before leaving and I head over to Harry and Ron, "What's up." I ask them, "We need to talk to you." I groan. "About what?" I ask. Harry tugs me into the compartment and shuts the blinds. I sit next to Hermione who's shaking her head. "She's not gonna like it." I hear her mutter. "What did you want to talk about?" I ask. "Malfoy" Harry states. "What about him?" I ask. "We think he might of taken the dark mark" Ron states. "Harry, Ron, Hermione did you see the dark mark on his arm?" I ask. "Well, no but-" I cut Harry off. "Unless I see it he isn't a death eater." I growl. "But we saw Greyback and his mother with him in Borgin and Burkes." I roll my eyes, "I'm sorry Harry but there's no proof that he is a death eater." I shrug. "He looked quite shaken when he and his mother came out." Ron points out. "Wouldn't you be if you were in there with Greyback?" I ask. Ron sighs. "Unless Draco shows me his mark if he does have one I'm not gonna just jump to conclusions." I explain. Harry sighs, "His dad is a death eater-" Ron sees the look I'm giving Harry and nudges him. "Harry, calm down all right maybe Val's right" Harry frowns and leaves the topic alone. "Ron and I have to go, we're needed in the prefects compartment." Hermione gets up and leave along with Ron. "I'm also invited to the Slug Club." Harry stands up leaving the compartment but I notice he had his invisibility cloak. I read my books until we get to the school and head to the carriages. I spot Neville and grin, "Hey Neville." He's carrying his books and I look at him weirdly. "Potions" He explains. "Ah, I wonder who the new defense against the dark arts teacher is gonna be" I make conversation with him. "Hopefully not Snape." Neville says. "Neville I can help you in Defense and Potions if you want, I'm not taking Potions this year but I'll help you anyway I can" He brightens up. "Really?" I nod. "Thanks!" I grin, "No problem by the way I would take a Cruciatus curse any day for you." We had arrived at the school and I head into the Great Hall leaving a shaken up Neville behind. "What did you do to Neville?" Hermione asks. "I told him I would take the Cruciatus curse for him." I explain. "His pare-" I cut Hermione off. "I know, don't you think I would know about my cousin being a maniac?" I ask. Hermione shuts up after that, "How on earth are you eating?" Hermione smacks Ron with a book. "Your best friend is missing." She explodes. Harry finally comes in with a bloody nose and I sigh, "Let me guess my cousin did this to you?" I ask. "Bingo" he smiles, "Did he break it?" I ask looking at his nose, "Yeah, but Luna fixed it." He explains, "What did I miss?" He asks. "The sorting hat told us to be brave in these terrible times." Ron says with a mouthful. "Gross Ronald" I spit. He opens his mouth and shows me the food he's been eating, I scrunch up my nose as he shuts his mouth. "Very childish" I hear Hermione snarl. "You trying out for the Quidditch team?" Harry asks. Fred and George wanted me to take their places, "I don't know." I shrug. Dumbledore stepped up to the podium and everyone got quiet. "There have been two changes in staffing this year, for our new defense against the dark arts teacher our very own Professor Snape!" I choke on my pumpkin juice, "And taking over Potions will be Horace Slughorn!" Everyone claps but they all look really shocked after Snape was announced the new DADA teacher. "At least he won't be as bad as Umbridge was" I flinch rubbing my hand, I had a permanent scar now. I must not tell lies was what the scar said, my dad was furious. "Whatever let's head to bed," Harry pulls me up and I see Draco slowly get up and not smile as Blaize and Pansy laugh at something. I frown, was Harry right? No, Draco wouldn't do that. I'll just have to ask him.