Defending Professor Trelawney

Vals pov

Umbridge was making life a living hell. I have a scar now because of her. I woke up and headed down to the common room where I see no one. I realize everyone is out in the court yard. I rush over to see Umbridge standing with professor Trelawney. "Hogwarts is my home!" I hear Sybill say almost in tears. I rush forward pushing people away just as Professor Mcgonagall rushes forward. I get there and stand in front of both professors. "You have no right to kick a perfectly good teacher out of Hogwarts. We love Professor Trelawney! You can't get rid of her!" I snap. Umbridge looks shocked. "How dare you speak to me like that!" She snaps. "When it comes to defending a teacher I will stand up to the Ministry!" I announce. "You will be expelled!" I glare at the teacher in front of me. "I believe that is up to the headmaster" I say smirking. "You little!" Umbridge snaps. "What what am I?" I ask. "Go on insult a student in front the whole entire Hogwarts school. I dare you!" I say. "I will defend any teacher ghost and student against the Ministry no matter how evil they are!" I say before turning to Professor Trelawney. "Are you okay?" I ask just as Dumbledore rushes out. "I'm impressed Ms Black." I smile. "I stood up because no Ministry official should control the staff at Hogwarts. It is a home for every student staff and ghost" I stay by the professors side. "Ms. Black Professor Mcgonagall please escort Professor Trelawney back to her classroom" I pick up her luggage and help her back into the castle. "Thank you so much!" Trelawney cries. "Its nothing no one else was going to stand up to her." I explain sitting her down. "Why don't you take a nap and calm down" I say as me and Mcgonagall head out. I smile at her before closing the door. "That was a very brave act Ms Black" was all Professor Mcgonagall says before walking away. As the day goes by I am congratulated for standing up. But the one that gets me the most is Dracos. I was sitting at the dinner table when he walks up to me. "Can I speak to you alone?" He asks. I nod standing up. When we are away from everyone else he turns to me. "I just wanted to say that I'm glad I'm related to you. What you did today was very brave and against the Ministry!" He laughs. "Yeah well I was tired of that witch!" I smile. What surprised me was that he hugged me. He rests his head in my neck and holds me. "I love you" he mumbles. I stand there shocked. "I love you too Draco" I smile pulling back. "Family sticks together!" We walk back to the Great Hall, Fred smiles at me as I sit next to him. I defended a teacher, I smile to myself. What a good day.