The Second Task

Vals pov

"Classes will end early for today's second task!" Dumbledore announces at breakfast. I smile more time with Cedric before he starts the second task. I sat in Professor Mcgonagals classroom waiting to be released for the second task. When we are she calls me back. "Ms. Black!" I turn and wait until all the students are out before heading to her desk. "Yes Professor?" I ask before seeing a flash of pink and then nothing.

Cedric pov

I stood next to Krum waiting for Val to show. "Champions you must find the thing that has been taken from you, you have one hour." Dumbledore tells us before the buzzer went off. I dove into the lake with one last look of the crowd and searched for the missing item. We only had an hour to find what was stolen, I pushed through a bunch of seaweed to find four people tied by the ankle to the ground. I search for a familiar face. Hermione and Ron must be for Krum and Harry I see Fleurs sister and finally Val!  I quickly shoot at the seaweed and grab her but not before tapping my watch at Harry who had just showed up. Val was coming to and I knew she was going to make it. I pushed up to the surface with her in my arms. I finally break air just as she wakes up. She looks around widely and then sees me attacking me with a kiss. We hadn't had our first kiss since we got together again. Her lips on mine, I knew she loved me. "Thank you" she says once we get her up on the deck. I sit with her under a blanket. She grabs my collar and slams her lips on mine. I pull back smiling. "I love you" she whispers. "I love you too" We watch to see Fleur come up empty handed next was Krum with Hermione. And finally Harry with Ron and Fleurs sister.  Harry and I tie for first place and Krum comes second and Fleur last. After everyone gets inside I make sure Val is warm and safe before heading to my house. The third task has to be the most dangerous one yet and I plan on making it out alive.