New Professor

Vals pov

I walked through the doors of Hogwarts. Dumbledore stands at the front of the room. I sigh as I look over at the Hufflepuff table. Fred and George noticed and pull me into a group hug. "Thanks boys" I whisper. "Anything for you love" I blush and look down. "Welcome back children" I smile at Dumbledore as he catches my eye. I look at the teachers table and see two new teachers. "There have been two new teachers in the staffing. Professor Grubbly-Plank for care of magical creatures" We all applaud. All except me. I wonder where Hagrid went. "And Professor Umbidge" I take a good look at her. "Now-" Umbridge has interrupted. "How dare she?" I ask quietly. "The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance every headmaster and headmistress of Hogwarts has brought something new to the weighty task of governing this historic school, and that is as it should be, for without progress there will be stagnation and decay. There again, progress for progress's sake must be discouraged, for our tried and tested traditions often require no tinkering, let us move forward, then, into a new era of openness, effectiveness, and accountability, intent on preserving what ought to be preserved, perfecting what needs to be perfected, and pruning wherever we find practices that ought to be prohibited." "Good Lord get on with it" I mutter under my breath. The twins end up laughing and the witch sends us a glare. "Technically it means that the Ministry of Magic is interfering with Hogwarts" I hear Hermione tell Harry. We all head to bed but I stay up thinking. "What are you doing?" I hear Fred ask. "Sitting and thinking" I say loud enough for him to hear. "About what?" I look over at him. I actually look at him not just his body but his boyish looks and structure. I never realized how hot the twins were. "Lots of things" I pull my knees up to my chest. He sighs and sits next to me. "I know you've been thinking about Cedric" he says. "I just can't get over how much I loved him" I whisper. "You need to let him go, you never know someone else might come in and sweep you off your feet" like you maybe. No, I shouldn't be thinking about him like that. I used to have a crush on him. Maybe this year no one will die.

First day of class.

"Cedric Diggorys death was an accident!" Umbridge snaps. "Sounds like your birth" I reply causing everyone to go into stitches. "Detention Ms Black Mr Potter!" Umbridge snaps. "See ye then!" I call walking out. I laugh walking down the hall only to be stopped by Fred. "Hello beautiful, heard you got detention with Umbridge." He winks. "Fred don't do anything stupid!" I call as he heads toward the witch. Fred and I have gotten closer than ever. I hate to admit this but I like Fred. Like a lot. Harry wiggled his eyebrow at me. "Shut up" I push him. He was the only one who knew. "Hurry I don't want a detention from Snape too." I say as Draco walks by. He's pulling at his tie and has bags under his eyes. "Actually Harry tell Snape I'm dealing with family matters." I say before rushing after Draco. Once he heads to the boys bathroom I walk in sending a silent charm and locking the door. "Draco whats wrong?" I ask setting my bag down. "Why do you care" He snaps leaning over the sink. "Because I am your family!" I snap and he looks up shocked. I sigh and to up behind him hugging him from behind. "Draco I know your a death eater or at least going to be. But let me help you your practically nervous wreck." He turns and wraps his arms around me. "My father is pressuring me into becoming one of them. Ever since he came back, my father uses the cruciatus curse on me when I do something wrong!" He weeps. I no longer see the boy who was a jerk or selfish. I see a boy who is broken and is being pushed into the wrong side. "You know I have a cottage you can stay in during summer" I whisper. "I can't my parents hate it when I'm away. They have to deal with him" he snaps. "Draco I'm your family and family is meant to stick together. Ill be there for you" I say taking his hand and squeezing it just as Snape burst into the bathroom. "She was comforting me" Draco defends. "Why?" Snape asks. "Because he has been stressed lately and I helped him" I say. Snape looks between me and Draco. "Ms. Black your excused." I reluctantly leave. But before I go I hear "What did you tell her!" I sigh and head to detention.
I must not tell lies

That's what she had us write. She had us do it fifty times and if we quit she would make it one hundred times. I walked with Harry back to the common room and saw Fred and George. "Hey boys!" Harry calls. They rush over and I sigh, I sit on the couch and push a napkin to my hand. Fred site next to me taking my injured hand and kissing it. He hugs me and I feel safe in his arms. Maybe I can have a happy ending.