Grace Lily Snape

Spinner's End, Cokeworth, England, December, 1980

Lily apparated on the street where she had grown up. She went straight to where her friend's, Severus Snape, house was. Lily was anxious and nervous and she feared what was about to happen. She knocked on the door and waited. Snape opened a few seconds later. He peeked to see who was outside late at night. He opened the door as soon as he saw it was Lily.

"Lily, what happened?" he knew something was wrong, Lily never came this late.

"Sev, I need to talk with you." Lily spoke nervously.

"Are you alright? You don't seem fine." Snape said, examining Lily.

"Sev, do you remember the night I forgave you?" she asked him, trying to make him remember.

"Of course I remember, how couldn't I?"

"Sev, I'm pregnant." Lily said, ripping off the bandaid. Severus was speechless. He had never imagined himself as a father. He obviously knew it was his child, Lily wouldn't be at his house this late if it wasn't.

"A-are you sure?" Severus asked her.

"I am. I've been sick in the mornings, and I've also noticed I am late. I did a spell to confirm it." she revealed.

"What do you want to do?" he asked hesitantly.

"I'll have this child, Sev. But James can't know it's yours."

"In no way I'll let Potter raise my child!" Severus hissed.

"Then you'll have to raise them. Would you raise a child, Sev?"

That was a lot to Severus. He's never imagined he would be a father, let alone the father of Lily's child. "I-I won't be a good father... I don't want a child to have the father I had."

"Sev, you won't be like your father. I'm sure you're capable of protecting a kid."

"What about you? Won't the child have a mother? Every child needs a mother, Lily."

"I'll always come to visit. The child can never know I'm their mother, but I can be their godmother."

Severus stopped to think about everything for a moment. "Do you know what is it?"

"I did a spell to find out. It's a girl." Lily said, giving a soft smile.

A girl. Severus would never be able to take care of a girl. He didn't know a single thing about girls. He was never popular in Hogwarts, consequently he didn't talk with girls, and his only friend was Lily, and they hadn't talk for a long time.

"Sev, I really need to get back. Harry needs me." Lily said, making Severus get his attention back to her. Lily already had a child with James, little Harry, he was almost five months old.

"Lily, wait! How are you going to hide the pregnancy?"

"I know a few spells. I'll be able to hide everything from James."

St Mungo's hospital, London, England, August 10, 1981

In the delivery room were the healer, Lily Potter, and Severus Snape, waiting for the birth of their daughter. After a while they heard a loud cry. The healer soon cleaned and put some clothes on the child. Lily was hoping for the girl not to have red hair, so people wouldn't suspect anything.

The healer handed the newborn to Lily. She sighed in relief when she noted the girl had black hair, just like her father's. Severus was slightly disappointed, he wanted the girl to look just like Lily.

"She has your hair, Sev." Lily said, crying and rocking the little girl.

Snape was trying not to cry, since he didn't like to show any feelings.

The girl opened her eyes. They were green, like Lily's. "She has your eyes, Lily." Severus noted. "What are we going to call her?"

"Grace."

"Grace Lily Snape." Snape said, looking with adoration at his daughter.

Spinner's End, Cokeworth, England, October 1st, 1981

Snape was holding his daughter, she was asleep in his arms. Someone knocks on the door. Severus puts little Grace in the crib delicately so she won't wake up. He went to answer the door and see who it was. Lily, she visited them frequently.

"Lily! Come in." he said, letting her inside, and speaking quietly to not wake his daughter.

Lily hugged him. "Where's Grace?" Lily asked. Whenever she was at home with Harry she couldn't stop thinking about her daughter and how she couldn't live with her.

"She's sleeping in the crib."

Lily and Snape went to Grace's room. Lily went straight to where her daughter was. "Sev, if I survive the war, I'll divorce James." Lily revealed, which shocked Severus.

"What?" he almost gasped.

"I'll marry you. I can't stand being away from Grace, and I can't stand knowing she'll never know I'm her mother. And since we've met I like you, Sev. It was a mistake what you told me in the Fifth year, but I should've forgiven you before..."

"What about Harry?"

"Harry will live with us. James won't like it, but I'm sure Harry prefers living with me. And I'm sure you'll accept him, right Sev?"

Severus didn't like that part. But he had to agree with Lily.