Azkaban fugitives

It was already December, and today was the last D.A. meeting before the Christmas and New Year vacations. Grace walked into the Room of Requirement with the other Slytherins.

A short time later everyone else in the group had arrived.

"I thought this evening we should just go over the things we've done so far, because it's the last meeting before the holidays and there's no point starting anything new right before a three-week break —" Harry spoke.

"We're not doing anything new?" Zacharias Smith asked. "If I'd known that, I wouldn't have come..."

"We're all really sorry Harry didn't tell you, then," Fred said loudly.

Several people sniggered.

"We can practice in pairs," Harry said. "We'll start with the Impediment Jinx, just for ten minutes, then we can get out the cushions and try Stunning again."

During the ten minutes, it could be heard many voices saying "Impedimenta!". When they finished practicing, people kept watching the other pairs. After an hour, Harry decided to take a break.

"You're getting really good," Harry spoke. "When we get back from the holidays we can start doing some of the big stuff — maybe even Patronuses."

Everyone was very excited. Soon the room began to empty, everyone leaving in pairs or trios.

Grace and Blaise were almost the last to leave. She noticed that there was one more person there besides Harry, her and Blaise, it was Cho Chang.

Grace saw that the girl was waiting so that she could talk to Harry after everyone had left the room.

"Merry Christmas, Harry." Blaise said, leaving the room while holding hands with Grace.

Grace and Harry, as usual, would be staying at Hogwarts during the Christmas vacations, so there was no reason to wish Merry Christmas now.

On Christmas morning, Grace and Ella, the only ones who had stayed to spend the vacations at Hogwarts, went down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Strangely, Grace found neither Harry, Hermione, nor any of the Weasleys in the Great Hall.

"What could have happened?" Grace asked Ella worriedly.

"They must not have come down for breakfast yet." Ella said, trying to reassure her friend.

"I don't think that's it. They're always here before us." Grace said.

But when Grace saw Lee Jordan approaching the Gryffindor table, then she knew for sure that something was not right. Lee was always with Fred and George.

"Wait here for a moment. I'll see what's going on."

She went to thr Gryffindor table.

"Lee, where are Fred, George, the other Weasleys, Harry and Hermione?" Grace asked worriedly.

"Oh, didn't Harry warn you? Mr. Weasley was attacked last night while working at the Ministry. Everyone went to visit him in the hospital and spend Christmas with him."

The vacations were over and school was back. Grace was in the Common Room chatting with her friends when Blaise arrived.

"Did you see that there will be another trip to Hogsmeade next month?" he said. "They put up a warning."

"Oh, no, I haven't seen it, why?" Grace asked.

"Yeah, it's in Valentine's Day..."

"I'd love to go with you." Grace said, smiling.