Sirius is in danger

The news that Professor McGonagall had been taken to St. Mungus had spread. She had been hit with four Stunning Spells in the chest, but no one knew by whom.

Grace was talking to the Patel sisters, the two were from Hufflepuff, who she had been introduced to a short time ago by Roger Bones, when Harry, Ron and Hermione walked by. Grace asked the sisters to excuse her and followed the three.

"What happened?" Grace asked.

"Come with me," Harry said quickly.

Harry managed to find an empty room in the second floor corridor.

"Voldemort's got Sirius."

"What?" The three of them said.

"How d'you — ?" Grace said.

"Saw it. Just now. When I fell asleep in the exam." Harry explained.

The fifth year students were doing the O.W.Ls.

"But — but where? How?" Hermione said, she looked pale.

"I dunno how," Harry said. "But I know exactly where. There's a room in the Department of Mysteries full of shelves covered in these little glass balls, and they're at the end of row ninety-seven . . . He's trying to use Sirius to get whatever it is he wants from in there... He's torturing him... Says he'll end by killing him..."

Harry was really nervous. "How're we going to get there?" he asked them.

There was a moment of silence. "G-get there?" Ron said.

"Get to the Department of Mysteries, so we can rescue Sirius!" Harry said loudly.

"But — Harry..." Ron said weakly.

"What? What?" Harry said.

"Harry," Grace spoke. "er... how... how did Voldemort get into the Ministry of Magic without anybody realizing he was there?"

"How do I know?" Harry bellowed. "The question is how we're going to get in there!"

"But... Harry, think about this," Hermione said. "it's five o'clock in the afternoon... The Ministry of Magic must be full of workers... How would Voldemort and Sirius have got in without being seen? Harry... they're probably the two most wanted wizards in the world... You think they could get into a building full of Aurors undetected?"

"I dunno, Voldemort used an Invisibility Cloak or something!" Harry shouted. "Anyway, the Department of Mysteries has always been completely empty whenever I've been —"

"You've never been there, Harry," Hermione said quietly. "You've dreamed about the place, that's all."

"They're not normal dreams!" he shouted in her face. "How d'you explain Ron's dad then, what was all that about, how come I knew what had happened to him?"

"He's got a point," Grace said quietly, looking at Hermione.

"But this is just — just so unlikely!" Hermione said desperately. "Harry, how on earth could Voldemort have got hold of Sirius when he's been in Grimmauld Place all the time?"

"Sirius might've cracked and just wanted some fresh air," Ron said. "He's been desperate to get out of that house for ages —"

"But why," Hermione persisted. "why on earth would Voldemort want to use Sirius to get the weapon, or whatever the thing is?"

"I dunno, there could be loads of reasons!" Harry yelled at her. "Maybe Sirius is just someone Voldemort doesn't care about seeing hurt —"

"You know what, I've just thought of something," Ron said in a hushed voice. "Sirius's brother was a Death Eater, wasn't he? Maybe he told Sirius the secret of how to get the weapon!"