Weasley's reconciliation

Neville, Grace, Fred, George and Ginny, just after Harry and Luna left the Room of Requirement, contacted the Order, shortly after that, several people were passing through the Hog's Head secret passage.

Kingsley Shacklebolt, Remus Lupin, Oliver Wood, Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, Bill and Fleur, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

Soon after, Harry and Luna returned.

"Wh — ?" Harry whispered, looking at the people who had arrived after he had left.

"Harry, what's happening?" said Lupin.

"Voldemort's on his way, they're barricading the school — Snape's run for it — What are you doing here? How did you know?"

From everything she has heard about her father, Grace had not expected a cowardly act from Severus, not at times like this.

"We sent messages to the rest of Dumbledore's Army," Fred explained. "You couldn't expect everyone to miss the fun, Harry, and the D.A. let the Order of the Phoenix know, and it all kind of snowballed."

"What first, Harry?" George asked. "What's going on?"

"They're evacuating the younger kids and everyone's meeting in the Great Hall to get organized," Harry said. "We're fighting."

A wave of people went to the stairs to leave the Room of Requirement. Grace stayed behind with a small group of people.

"You're underage!" said Mrs. Weasley to Ginny and Grace. "I won't permit it! The boys, yes, but you two, you've got to go home!"

"We won't!" Ginny said, trying to loosen her arm from her mother's grip.

"We're in Dumbledore's Army —"

"A teenagers' gang!"

"A teenagers' gang that's about to take him on, which no one else has dared to do!" Fred said.

"They're sixteen!" shouted Mrs. Weasley.

"Mum's right, Ginny," said Bill gently. "You can't do this. Everyone underage will have to leave, it's only right."

"I can't go home! We can't go home!" Ginny screamed, tears of anger forming in her eyes. "My whole family's here, I can't stand waiting there alone and not knowing and —"

She looked at Harry, as if expecting him to defend her, but he simply shook his head.

"Fine," she said. "We'll say good-bye now, then, and —"

But she was interrupted, because someone had come out of the tunnel.

"Am I too late? Has it started? I only just found out, so I — I —"

It was Percy Weasley. It seems that everyone was in shock at his arrival, and a tense atmosphere settled in there.

"So — 'ow eez leetle Teddy?" Fleur asked Lupin, in an attempt to relieve the tension.

Lupin blinked at her, startled.

"I — oh yes — he's fine!" he said loudly. "Yes, Tonks is with him — at her mother's —"

Percy and the rest of the Wealsey's continued to stare at each other.

"Here, I've got a picture!" Lupin shouted, pulling a photo from his pocket and showing it to Fleur, Harry and Grace.

The photo showed a baby with purple hair, he was a Metamorphmagus like Tonks.

"I was a fool!" Percy roared. "I was an idiot, I was a pompous prat, I was a — a —"

"Ministry-loving, family-disowning, power-hungry moron," Fred said.

Percy swallowed.

"Yes, I was!"

"Well, you can't say fairer than that," said Fred, holding out his hand to Percy.

Mrs. Weasley began to cry, ran to Percy, and on the way pushed Fred. The two hugged each other.

"I'm sorry, Dad," Percy said to Mr. Weasley.

"What made you see sense, Perce?" inquired George.

"It's been coming on for a while," said Percy. "But I had to find a way out and it's not so easy at the Ministry, they're imprisoning traitors all the time. I managed to make contact with Aberforth and he tipped me off ten minutes ago that Hogwarts was going to make a fight of it, so here I am."

"Well, we do look to our prefects to take a lead at times such as these," said George in a good imitation of Percy's most pompous manner. "Now let's get upstairs and fight, or all the good Death Eaters'll be taken."

"So, you're my sister-in-law now?" said Percy, shaking hands with Fleur as they hurried off toward the staircase with Bill, Fred, and George.

Grace and Ginny seized the moment to try to escape from there.

"Ginny! Grace!" barked Mrs. Weasley.

"Molly, how about this," said Lupin. "Why don't Ginny and Grace stay here, then at least they'll be on the scene and know what's going on, but they won't be in the middle of the fighting?"

"That's a good idea," said Mr. Weasley firmly. "You two stay in this room, you hear me?"

Obviously Grace and Ginny didn't like the idea very much, but it was better than going back home.

"Where's Ron?" asked Harry. "Where's Hermione?"

"They must have gone up to the Great Hall already," said Mr. Weasley.

"I didn't see them pass me," Harry said.

"They said something about a bathroom," said Grace. "not long after you left."

"A bathroom?"

Harry went into the bathroom of the Room of Requirement.

"You're sure they said bath — ?"

Harry's scar began to hurt. Ginny turned to Grace. "You don't think they went to the Chamber, do you?" she whispered.

"Why else would they go to the bathroom at such a time?" Grace said. "Whatever they need to do in the Chamber must be important."