Sixth year

It seems that everyone present at the wedding froze watching the silver lynx disappear. Everything stood still for a moment, until someone shouts and everyone starts running everywhere.

Several people appeared. Death Eaters began to appear among the crowd.

Watching everything, Grace saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione apparate somewhere. Ginny quickly ran her eyes around the place, and when she found Grace she went running to her friend. The two were now a little further behind Tonks and Lupin, all four of them shouting "Protego!"

The commotion subsided when none of the Death Eaters attacked. The five there went from person to person asking about Harry Potter's whereabouts, but no one could answer where he had apparated to. Other Death Eaters broke into The Burrow and searched the entire house looking for Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Tonks thought it best to leave Grace with the Weasleys for the time being, even more so after the Weasleys were informed that the Death Eaters used the Cruciatus Curse on Andromeda and Ted Tonks.

Lupin, a few days after the wedding, stopped by to visit and see if everyone was okay, and ended up bringing the news that now the Death Eaters had taken over the Ministry, so everyone's care and attention should be redoubled.

"Do you know what Voldemort has planned for Hogwarts?" Grace asked him, while everyone was in the living room.

"Attendance is now mandatory for all witch children. They announced it yesterday. Before parents had the right to teach at home, but now it is forbidden. With this, Voldemort will have the entire witch population under surveillance from a very young age. And every student has to prove witch ancestry before enrolling." Lupin answered.

Some time after Lupin's visit, Mrs. Weasley took Ginny and Grace to Diagonal Alley to buy the school year's supplies.

The atmosphere when they got there was very different from what everyone was used to: children running excitedly through the stores looking for wands and robes, now everyone seemed to have been attacked by Dementors, there was no more happiness in the place.

"Grace. Ginny." The girls heard someone calling them.

"Hi, Astoria." Thyey greeted her, each hugging her friend.

The three of them were silent for a few seconds, not knowing what to say. Grace realized that Astoria was hesitating to say something.

"What is it, Astoria?"

"Ah... Well... I don't know if you've seen today's Daily Prophet..." Astoria said, still unsure whether to show it or not.

"No, what happened?" Ginny asked.

Astoria, who was holding the newspaper, showed it to both of them.

SEVERUS SNAPE CONFIRMED AS HOGWARTS HEADMASTER

It was the main headline in the newspaper. Grace, without saying anything, picked up the newspaper and read the article.

Severus Snape, long-standing Potions master at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, was today appointed headmaster in the most important of several staffing changes at the ancient school. Following the resignation of the previous Muggle Studies teacher, Alecto Carrow will take over the post while her brother, Amycus, fills the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.

"I'm sorry." Astoria said sincerely.

"You don't have to apologize, it's not your fault. Besides, it's not as if I didn't already expect something like this..." Grace said.

"At least you won't see him so much now that he is no longer a teacher." Ginny said, hugging Grace.

"Yeah."

Not surprisingly, when September 1 arrived and Grace and Gina went to catch the Hogwarts Express, all the students looked different. No one was smiling, everyone just walked around with their lugagge and search for somewhere to sit.

Gina and Grace were walking down the train corridor when a door to one of the cabins opens.

"Would you like to sit with us?" Neville asked.

Halfway through, the train is stopped by three Death Eaters who were looking for Harry. They go through all the cars and search all the cabins.

"Hey, losers, he isn't here." Neville told them.

Grace and Ginny spent the rest of the way almost in silence with Neville and Luna.