Third task

Finally the long-awaited day arrived for the students of the three schools: the third and final task.

It was the end of the school year. Grace and Hermione managed to get a handle on Rita Skeeter. The two, instead of reporting the reporter to the Ministry of Magic, decided to blackmail her. A few days before the last assignment the two found Rita at the Three Broomsticks and confessed to knowing that she was an illegal Animagus. Skeeter was so shocked that She promised the two of them not to use her animagi anymore as a means to get articles and stories in the Daily Prophet, especially about the lives of Hogwarts students.

Everyone was gathered in the Great Hall when Dumbledore announced.

"Ladies and gentlemen, in five minutes' time, I will be asking you to make your way down to the Quidditch field for the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament. Will the champions please follow Mr. Bagman down to the stadium now."

When Harry stood up, all Gryffindor students applauded him.

Soon afterwards the rest of the students headed to the pitch. Grace was with Blaise and her friends.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each — Mr. Cedric Diggory and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts School!" students cheered and applauded. "In second place, with eighty points — Mr. Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute!" More applause. "And in third place — Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!" Bagman announced.

"So... on my whistle, Harry and Cedric!" Bagman said. "Three — two — one —"

As soon as Bagman blew his whistle, Cedric and Harry shot into the maze. A few seconds later it was Krum, and lastly Fleur.

The students were more anxious than ever. No one could see anything that was happening in the maze.

Blaise, who was now standing behind Grace, with his arms around her waist, was smiling more than ever. Grace, watching from the corner, noticed Draco's discomfort and annoyance at seeing Blaise and her like that. But the girl didn't seem to care anymore.

After a long time of waiting, everyone immediately noticed that someone came back with the cup through the Porkey. Grace noticed that it was Harry and Cedric.

At first, everyone applauded the arrival of the champions, but this soon passed.

The crowd bellowed and screamed when they saw that Harry had brought Cedric's body. Dumbledore ran out to Harry, who dropped his Cup, but not his body.

Soon after Cornelius Fudge joined the two.

With all that was going on, Grace didn't even notice that when she saw Cedric's body, she hid her face in Blaise's chest, who was calming her down.

Harry was taken out of the stadium by Moody.

Some time later the rest of the teachers came running out of the stadium after Harry and Mad-Eye Moody.

Of all her years at Hogwarts, this one certainly marked Grace in a different way. As much as in her first year she entered the Chamber of Secrets, faced Tom Riddle with Harry, and in her second year she met a fugitive from Azkaban, this third year at Hogwarts yielded many experiences. She went to the Ball with Blaise, and kissed him, soon after Severus caught the two of them together, she helped Harry with one of his tasks, appeared in the Daily Prophet, joined Hermione in taking down Rita Skeeter, and now she has seen Harry clinging to the body of another Hogwarts student.

Upon returning home, Grace continued without speaking to her father. At least for the time being.