"You have your mother's eyes"

Everyone fell silent when they heard shouting and the noise of people fighting.

Grace and Draco kissed for the last time. Grace joined Harry, Ron, and Hermione and the four of them went toward the screaming to help whoever it was.

Fred and Percy were fighting the men in masks and hoods. The four of them ran to help. Streams of light flew in all directions. The mask of the man fighting Percy fell off.

"Hello, Minister!" bellowed Percy. "Did I mention I'm resigning?"

"You're joking, Perce!" shouted Fred.

The Minister had fallen to the ground, without his wand. Fred looked at Percy.

"You actually are joking, Perce... I don't think I've heard you joke since you were —"

And the air exploded. Everyone had fallen with the shaking that the explosion had caused. Grace stood up, as did the others. She had noticed one of the Death Eaters on the ground, Stunned, and the other, not far away, Transfigured. All but one stood up.

"No — no — no!" Percy was shouting. "No! Fred! No!"

Grace went to meet them. Percy was shaking his brother, Ron was on his knees beside them, Fred's eyes were open, his last laugh etched on his face.

Spells were flying at them from the darkness.

"Get down!" Harry shouted.

He and Ron grabbed Hermione and ducked down. Grace noticed that Percy was lying over his brother's body, shielding him.

"Percy, come on, we've got to move!" Grace yelled. He shook his head.

"Percy!" Harry shouted.

Ronnie's face was tear-stained from the soot on his face.

"Percy, you can't do anything for him! We're going to —" Harry yelled.

"Let's move, NOW!" Grace screamed.

Grace went ahead with Ron and Hermione while Harry helped Percy with Fred's body. As they passed through the corridor of the Room of Requirement, they noticed that Draco and Goyle had disappeared.

"ROOKWOOD!" Percy yelled, when he saw the Death Eater at the end of the corridor, and then ran after him. Hermione and Grace held Ron back, preventing him from going after Percy.

"Listen to me — LISTEN, RON!" Hermione yelled.

"I wanna help — I wanna kill Death Eaters —" Ron was trembling with rage.

"Ron, we're the only ones who can end it! Please — Ron — we need the snake, we've got to kill the snake!" Hermione said.

Grace, who in all this time had learned about the horcruxes not even an hour ago, didn't understand what they were talking about, but would do anything to have Voldemort defeated.

"We will fight!" Hermione said. "We'll have to, to reach the snake! But let's not lose sight now of what we're supposed to be d-doing! We're the only ones who can end it!"

She was crying too while wiping her face on her torn sleeve.

"You need to find out where Voldemort is, because he'll have the snake with him, won't he? Do it, Harry — look inside him!"

He closed his eyes. After a while he opened them again.

"He's in the Shrieking Shack. The snake's with him, it's got some sort of magical protection around it. He's just sent Lucius Malfoy to find Snape."

"Voldemort's sitting in the Shrieking Shack?" said Hermione, outraged. "He's not — he's not even fighting?"

"He doesn't think he needs to fight," said Harry. "He thinks I'm going to go to him."