Sirius

The brain flew toward Ron, and something like ribbons came out of the brain.

"Ha ha ha, Harry, look at it —" said Ron, watching it disgorge its gaudy innards. "Harry, come and touch it, bet it's weird —"

"RON, NO!"

Harry tried to stop his friend, but it was too late. The moment the tentacles touched Ron, they began to wrap around his arms like ropes.

"Harry, look what's happen — no — no, I don't like it — no, stop — stop —"

But the thin ribbons were spinning around Ron's chest now.

"Diffindo!" yelled Hermione, trying to sever the feelers wrapping themselves tightly around Ron. He fell over, still thrashing against his bonds.

"Harry, it'll suffocate him!" screamed Ginny.

A jet of red light flew from one of the Death Eater's wands and hit her squarely in the face. She keeled over sideways and lay there unconscious.

"STUBEFY!" shouted Neville, wheeling around and waving Grace's wand at the oncoming Death Eaters. "STUBEFY, STUBEFY!"

Nothing happened.

One of the Death Eaters shot their own Stunning Spell at Neville; it missed him by inches. Harry ran away, Bellatrix running after him. Harry let Hermione and Neville try to get Ron off the ropes, while he ran off with the prophecy.

He entered a new room, but in the same instant the floor began to fade. He fell down the stone steps, until in the pit where he landed, he found again the stone arch he had seen before.

The five Death Eaters who were in the Brain Room came down to Harry.

"Potter, your race is run," drawled Lucius Malfoy. "Now hand me the prophecy like a good boy..."

"Let — let the others go, and I'll give it to you!" Harry said desperately.

A few of the Death Eaters laughed.

"You are not in a position to bargain, Potter," Lucius said. "You see, there are ten of us and only one of you... or hasn't Dumbledore ever taught you how to count?"

"He's dot alone!" Neville shouted. "He's still god be!"

"Neville — no — go back to the others —"

"STUBEFY!" Neville shouted again. "STUBEFY ! STUBE —"

One of the largest Death Eaters seized Neville from behind, pinioning his arms to his sides. He struggled and kicked; several of the Death Eaters laughed.

"It's Longbottom, isn't it?" sneered Lucius Malfoy. "Well, your grandmother is used to losing family members to our cause... Your death will not come as a great shock..."

"Longbottom?" repeated Bellatrix. "Why, I have had the pleasure of meeting your parents, boy..."

"I DOE YOU HAB!" roared Neville, and he fought so hard against his captor's encircling grip that the Death Eater shouted, "Someone Stun him!"

"No, no, no," Bellatrix said. "No, let's see how long Longbottom lasts before he cracks like his parents... Unless Potter wants to give us the prophecy —"

"DON'D GIB ID DO DEM!" roared Neville. "DON'D GIB ID DO DEM, HARRY!"

Bellatrix raised her wand. "Crucio!"

Neville screamed. The Death Eater dropped him and he fell to the floor, twitching and screaming in agony.

"That was just a taster!" Bellatrix said. "Now, Potter, either give us the prophecy, or watch your little friend die the hard way!"