Siblings

Just then, Harry and Hermione were walking past them.

Malfoy showed the bedge to both of them.

"Like them, Potter?" he said loudly as Harry approached. "And this isn't all they do — look!"

The Slytherins howled with laughter. Grace realized that Blaise was not wearing the badge either. She stared at him and mumbled a "thank you" to him.

"Oh very funny," Hermione said sarcastically. "really witty."

Grace noticed Ron was standing against the wall with Dean and Seamus.

"Want one, Granger?" Malfoy said. "I've got loads. But don't touch my hand, now. I've just washed it, you see; don't want a Mudblood sliming it up."

Grace was already prepared to curse Draco, but Harry was quicker. He took his wand from his pocket and pointed it at Draco. Most of the people around him ran out.

"Harry!" Hermione said warningly.

"Go on, then, Potter," Malfoy said quietly, drawing out his own wand.

"Furnunculus!" Harry yelled.

"Densaugeo!" Malfoy screamed.

Jets of light shot from both wands, hit each other in midair, and ricocheted off at angles. Harry's hit Goyle in the face, and Malfoy's hit Hermione. Goyle bellowed and put his hands to his nose, where great ugly boils were springing up — Hermione, whimpering in panic, was clutching her mouth.

"Hermione!" Grace and Ron yelled.

Ron rushed over to her. When Hermione took her hand out of her mouth, her teeth had grown, and were growing longer by the second.

"And what is all this noise about?" Snape had arrived.

He pointed his finger at Malfoy, "Explain."

"Potter attacked me, sir —"

"We attacked each other at the same time!" Harry shouted.

"— and he hit Goyle — look—"

Snape examined Goyle.

"Hospital wing, Goyle," Snape said calmly.

"Malfoy got Hermione!" Ron said. "Look!"

Hermione then took her hand out of the front of her mouth, now showing her huge teeth.

He looked coldly at Hermione and said, "I see no difference."

Grace had never been as angry with her father as she was at this moment, but she couldn't say anything, because now he was the teacher, and not her father.

Hermione's eyes filled with tears, she turned around and ran down the hall. Grace ran after Hermione, while Harry and Ronnie waited for Snape's punishment.

"Hermione!" Grace said, when she reached her friend.

Hermione didn't answer anything, she kept sobbing.

"Don't pay attention to what he says. It's not true. He may be my father out of here, but when we're at Hogwarts he's an idiot." Grace said.

Hermione looked at Grace.

"Thank you, Grace." she said, more calm now.

"Believe me, at home he is quite different." Grace spoke. "Now come on, Madam Pomfrey had better help you."

The two girls went to the hospital wing to ask Madam Pomfrey for help.

Soon afterwards Ron and Harry came to see how Hermione was doing. Grace saw that her friend would have company and didn't need her anymore, so she decided to go to her father's room to have a little talk.

"I'd better go, I need to have a serious talk with my father." Grace said, walking away from them.

"Good luck." Harry said.

"Thank you."

Grace then walked to her father's living room and knocked on the door, expecting an answer.

"Come in."

Upon hearing that, she entered and slowly closed the door.

"HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING TO HERMIONE?" Grace screamed.

Severus continued to stare at her without saying anything.

"This is unacceptable! Not just with her, but with any student! Is that because she's a Gryffindor or because she's Harry's friend?" Grace asked.

Severus remained quiet, not knowing what to say.

"You are so childish here at Hogwarts... Treating Slytherin students with clear favoritism, and despising people from the other Houses, especially from Gryffindors..."

"Grace," Severus started to speak, but Grace interrupted him.

" I don't want to hear your excuses. Harry is my brother, whether you like him or not. Neither he, nor Hermione, nor any other student from any other House deserves to be treated this way! I'm not talking to you until you change your ways! Don't even try to look for me!"

Severo got up to go to his daughter, but she ran out the door. She was walking back to the grounds when she accidentally bumped into Harry.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" she said. "I should watch where I'm going..."

"It's okay, Grace." he said.

The two were silent for a few seconds.

"Why aren't you in the hospital wing with Hermione?" Grace asked him.

"Ron is already there with her. I thought it was better not to stay together since he is still treating me a bit differently..."

"I'm sorry, Harry. I know that Ron means a lot to you and has been your best friend since the day you arrived at Hogwarts, but don't worry, he will get back to you, you just have to give him a break." Grace advised him.

"Thank you. I'm sorry about your father." Harry said. "But you don't have to worry about the way he treats us, we are used to it."

"No, Harry! He is the professor and he is very wrong! What he did to Hermione is completely unacceptable. I have already spoken to him and I hope he will decide to change his attitude." Grace said. "But thanks anyway."

"You know, it's good to have someone like you around. I've been lonely since I was chosen to be the Hogwarts Champion. I know I have Hermione, but she's friends with Ron too, so she's kind of torn between the two of us. And you, so far, are the only one who is really on my side."

"Of course, I am your sister. No matter how angry I might be with you someday, I'm going to stay by your side."

Then the two hugged. Grace felt something different. She had never hugged Harry before. She felt relief that she could count on one more person in her life, she felt relieved to have a brother, to be able to count on him when she couldn't count on her father.