Triwizard Tournment

September 1, 1994

Grace woke up in the morning with a slight sadness. It was the end of another summer vacation and the beginning of another year at Hogwarts. Since her last time at school a lot has happened. There was the Quidditch World Cup, where Grace went with her friends and cheered for the winner team, Ireland. Soon after this, Death Eaters appeared near the stadium and started attacking various people and tents nearby. And lastly, the most important and complicated situation, the Dark Mark that appeared in the sky just after the Death Eaters invaded. That was the reason that made Grace most distressed. Harry and the Weasleys were staying in the tents and were involved in the whole mess.

Grace put on her clothes as a heavy rain fell. Soon after, she went downstairs to the kitchen and had breakfast with her father, as usual.

"Good morning, honey." Severus said when he saw his daughter.

"Good morning." Grace said, still tired.

"Don't worry. Whoever made the Dark Mark will be captured and taken to Azkaban. You will be safe at Hogwarts and no worries like that." Severus said.

But he did not trust his own words, but he could not show insecurity and fear to his own daughter.

Breakfast was quiet. After a while, Grace finished packing her suitcase and the rest of her things, took the cage with her owl, and Apparated with her father to King's Cross.

"We'll meet at Hogwarts." Severus said, hugging his daughter and then hurrying back home.

Grace, now with her things in the stroller for ease of movement, went over the 9 3/4 platform. She put her things in the train and started to look for some available seat or one of her friends. As she was looking, she felt her hand being pulled gently, and when she saw it was Blaise Zabini, the boy who was studying in the same year as Harry.

"What's up, Grace? Don't you want to sit with us?" Blaise asked.

Grace looked at who was with him. There were Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy and Draco.

"Are you sure?" Grace asked.

"Come in, Snape." Draco said.

Grace walked in the cabin and sat between Pansy and Blaise.

"We haven't met yet. I'm Grace Snape, nice to meet you." Grace introduced herself to Pansy.

"I'm Pansy Parkinson." they both shook hands.

"So... what were you talking about?" Grace asked, trying to make small talk.

"Dad works at the Ministry and told me about the surprise we are going to have this year!" Draco said.

"Really? What is it?" Pansy asked.

"We'll have the Triwizard Tourment! Isn't that cool?" Draco said.

" I bet it will be epic!" Blaise said.

"It will!" Draco said.

"Wasn't this tournament banned?" Grace asked.

"Yes. In other tournaments some students disappeared, or died, I think?" Draco said. "But it will still be awesome!"

" Yeah, it will be nice to have something different." Grace said.

After a while, all the students arrived at Hogwarts and sat down at their tables. Grace was now next to Astoria and Ella, and in front of Megan and Melia.

The Sorting Hat sang a song and then the selection of the first-year students began.

"Ethan Avery!" McGonagall called.