Cursed package

It was already October. It was a Saturday, the first trip to Hogsmeade of the school year. Grace, although she had been invited to go with Harry, Ron and Hermione, had preferred to go with Draco. She knew more than anyone how much he needed support that year.

The two went to Hogsmeade holding hands, along with other students such as Melia, Susan, Astoria, Daphne and Blaise.

Grace realized that Draco was carrying a package with him, but knowing her situation and the agreement they made that she would trust him even without knowing what he was doing, she decided not to question it.

Everyone went to the Three Broomsticks and sat down at a table. Grace noticed Harry, Ron and Hermione at another table nearby. Melia went to get butter beer for everyone.

Draco was sitting next to Grace, his hand touching her thigh. He appeared to be taking part in their friends' conversation, but Grace noticed that his attention was now focused on a seventh-year Gryffindor girl, Katie Bell.

The girl went to the bathroom, and just then Draco got up with the package he had taken, to go to her. Grace squeezed his hand.

"Trust me." he whispered in her ear, before following the other girl.

"So, Grace, how did my sister get the Slytherin seeker position?" Daphne's question made Grace's attention go back to her friends.

"Ever since I joined the team I knew that Astoria would be a great seeker. Even during the last summer I got to help her train for the team." Grace said.

"And what did Draco think of your choice?" Blaise asked.

"He trusts me. Then he knows that Astoria is the best seeker I could choose to put in his place."

Melia and Susan, who Grace knew were holding hands under the table, were whispering things to each other.

"Hmm, I think we'll go back earlier." Melia said.

The two said their goodbyes and left the Three Broomsticks. Grace and Astoria exchanged mischievous glances, probably knowing what the two were going to do.

Grace saw that Draco was coming back from the bathroom.

"Come on, Grace. I'm not feeling very well." he said, taking her hand.

The two barely said goodbye to their friends and left as well. Not before Grace noticed Harry's suspicious glance at Draco.

Draco was sweating. He was nervous.

The way back to Hogwarts was silent. The two entered through the main gates and walked down to the Slytherin Common Room. Draco guided Grace to his dormitory, which was empty; as soon as they arrived, he sat on the bed.

"You know that I trust you. But I can't help but ask, what happened?" Grace said.

"You know that I have to fulfill certain things that the Dark Lord asks. If I don't comply my family will suffer consequences. My mother will suffer those consequences."

Grace knew that everything he was doing was only to protect his family. She knew it would not be an easy year for Draco, with his father in jail, the boy was covering his father's role as a Death Eater.

She sat down next to him and held his hand.

"May I ask if there is any reason why you didn't want to stay in the common room and brought me here?" Grace said.

"This year will be different. You know that. Next year I probably won't come back. I don't know when we will have time together again after that."

He turned to her, and with his hands on her waist he kissed her. Grace's hands automatically went to the back of his neck, stroking his blond hair.

In all her life she never imagined herself in the situation she was in, in the Slytherin sixth-year boys' dormitory, lying on Draco's bed, their relationship about to reach the next level.

On Sunday morning, Grace, who had never been as happy as she was at this moment, went down to the Great Hall for breakfast, where her friends were already, and seemed very amused and curious talking.

"What did I miss?" Grace asked, sitting next to Megan.

"Melia here was telling us about her little 'date' with Susan." Astoria said.

"Which happened in the Prefects' bathroom." Ella added.

"Little date? I don't think having a bath naked with your girlfriend is a little date." Megan said.

Melia's face was red.

"I guess the bath was not the only thing that happened between you?" Grace said.

"Yeah... It wasn't..."

Grace's friends did not miss Grace's sudden joy.

"My God! You too, didn't you?" Melia asked.

Now it was Grace who was red. The others were open-mouthed.

"How?"

"Where?"

"When?"

"Right after we left the Three Broomsticks. In his dorm. Yesterday."

"I was going to ask you how it was, but from your joy it must have been wonderful." Megan said.

They all laughed.

Grace's mood couldn't be better, but it got worse when she was leaving the salon and Harry ran into her.

"What's wrong?" she asked him.

"Your boyfriend almost killed Katie yesterday, didn't he tell you?" Harry said angrily.

Grace was open-mouthed, not knowing what to say.

"Harry, please don't try to turn me against him, okay? I told you that everything he's doing is to protect his family."

But of course when she met Draco she would ask him about it.

That night, with all the students in the Common Room, Grace, who was with Draco on one of the couches near the windows, decided to ask what she wanted.

"Draco, what have you done with Katie Bell?"

"I-I didn't do anything. She wasn't supposed to open the package. I told her to give it to someone else." he said nervously.

"To whom?"

"Dumbledore."