Potter stinks

The moment Dumbledore said Harry's name, all the students turned to the table where the boy was sitting, including Grace. No one applauded or even made any noise.

Professor McGonagall had got to her feet to whisper urgently to Professor Dumbledore.

"Harry Potter!" he called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

Everyone was very quiet as Harry stood up and walked toward the Headmaster.

"How did he do it?" Astoria whispered.

Grace just shook her head, not knowing what had just happened.

Harry walked past the teachers' table and into the chamber where the other three champions had entered.

The eyes of all the students were now on Dumbledore. The Headmaster turned and joined the teachers and Ludo and Crouch. Without so much as a word, they all entered the chamber as well.

The students were all still open-mouthed.

"How did Potter manage to do this?" Draco asked.

He and Astoria were not the only ones with this doubt. All the other students thought the same thing. Only 17-year-olds could take part in the tournament, Harry was 14, and Dumbledore had put the age limit in to prohibit students under 17 from putting their name on the goblet.

Grace knew that Harry was a boy with a normal intelligence, nothing above average, how then, that he managed to put his name in the globet? Had Hermione perhaps helped him? No, Grace thought, Hermione would never do such a thing.

Soon after all this confusion, the teachers all returned from where they had gone and asked all the students to go to their dormitories. Obviously the theories and conspiracies about Harry continued on the way to the Slytherin common room.

"Did he use some kind of spell or something to age?" Selina Rosier asked.

"No, the Weasley twins did it this morning and it didn't work, so it can't be some kind of spell or potion." Grace answered.

"He must have asked someone to put his name on the goblet." Megan said.

The theory that someone put Harry's name on the goblet was the only explainable one to Grace. But as soon as Megan said that, Grace started thinking about other things.

She pulled Astoria and Ella into a corner to talk, leaving Megan and Melia to go to the dorm alone.

"Harry didn't ask anyone to put his name on the goblet." Grace said quietly.

"How can you be so sure of that?" Astoria asked.

"Knowing Harry, the instant he knew that his name had gone into the goblet and it all worked out, he would have told Ron, and Ron doesn't know how to shut his mouth." Grace said. "Besides, Harry is not that inconsequential, he would never have asked anyone to do that."

"You are right, but who would have put his name on it?" Ella asked.

"I think the best question to ask is why they put his name on it..." Grace said.

"Do you think it was someone from Slytherin?" Astoria asked.

"It could be, but my suspicions are more towards some teacher or employee." Grace said.

The three then continued on their way to the dormitory.

Grace was very anxious to meet with Harry and talk about what had happened. She went down early and had breakfast alone. During her meal, she noticed Ron eating alone with a strange face.