House sorting

The girls got out of the train. They heard a really tall man screaming.

"C'mon, follow me — any more firs' years? Mind yer step, now! Firs' years follow me!" he screamed.

Everyone in the first year left the train and stopped in front of that man. The rest of the students got out and went to the castle.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. I'm Rubeus Hagrid, keeper of keys and grounds of Hogwarts." he told everyone.

He took the students where the lake was. There the students divided in small groups of four, so they would go on boats to the castle.

"Come on, girls. We'd better stay together if we want to go together!" Grace spoke.

Ginny, Grace and Astoria stood together, then another girl appeared, she was alone. A girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Hello, can I go with you?" the girl asked.

"Of course!" Ginny answered.

The four of them got on the boat and they went to the castle.

"I'm Luna Lovegood, and you are?" the girl said.

"I'm Ginny Weasley."

"Astoria Greengrass."

"Grace Snape."

They arrived at the castle. When they entered, a woman was waiting for them, Grace strangely seemed to recognise the woman from somewhere.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," Hagrid informed.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here."

She took the students to the entrance of the Great Hall, where the doors were closed.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," Professor McGonagall said. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."

Everyone started whispering about the houses and which one they wanted to be in. A few minutes later, Professor McGonagall got back.

"Move along now," she came back.

The gates to the Great Hall opened and all the first-year students entered, eager and curious. Some looked up at the ceiling, which had been bewitched to look like the sky. The other students, already seated at their respective house tables, looked up at them. Grace looked straight at the professors' table, where Snape was staring at her too. He gave her a look of confidence, so she wouldn't feel nervous.

"Before the Sorting begins, the Sorting Hat will say a few things." McGonagall said.

The hat sang a strange song about the houses and then Minerva started calling the students names.

"Avery, Megan."

A girl with brown eyes and brown hair sat down on the chair and the professor put the hat on her head. After a few seconds, the hat screamed: "SLYTHERIN!"

The Slytherins started clapping and cheering.

"Bones, Roger."

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"Clarke, Lindsay."

"RAVENCLAW!"

"Creevey, Colin."

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Grace stopped paying attention to the hat for a while, until one of her friends was called.

"Greengrass, Astoria."

"SLYTHERIN!"

"Lovegood, Luna."

"RAVENCLAW!"

It seemed like an eternity to Grace. And then she heard her name.

"Snape, Grace." The professor said, and then everyone was shocked and started whispering about the professor's daughter.

Grace nervously went forward and sat down in the chair, seeing that her father kept his eyes on her, also anxious. The professor placed the hat on her head, and it was then that Grace heard it in her mind:

"Very interesting... Your mother was a Gryffindor, father a Slytherin... Where should I put you? Not Hufflepuff... I can see that you have your mum's intelligence, Ravenclaw would be good... but I can see that you wouldn't fit in... What could it be? What will it be? Gryffindor or Slytherin? You've got courage, a lot of courage, I can see a lot of your dreams, and you're clever, yes you are.... You'd better be... SLYTHERIN!"

Minerva took the hat off Grace's head when she noticed that the entire Slytherin table was applauding. She went to sit next to Astoria. A pale blond boy with grey eyes introduced himself:

"I'm Draco Malfoy, I admit I was impressed that you're Snape's daughter. Congratulations on getting into the best house!" The boy said, and the two shook hands.

Grace sat down and looked at the professors' table, more directly at her father. He had a slight smile on his face.