Venting among sisters

The first Quidditch match of the year, and it would still be Slytherin vs. Gryffindor.

The stadium was completely divided: half red and gold, and the other half green and silver. Grace noticed that several students from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff had chosen some team to cheer for. Luna was dressed as a lion, cheering for Gryffindor, while Susan was all in green.

Harry and Grace stepped up to Madam Hooch, the referee, who was standing ready to release the balls from the crate.

"Captains shake hands," she said. Harry and Grace shook hands.

"Good luck, Harry."

"Good luck, Grace."

"Mount your brooms. On the whistle... three... two... one..."

The whistle sounded, Harry, Grace and the others kicked off hard from the frozen ground, and they were away.

Astoria flew over the field, looking for the golden snitch, at the same time keeping an eye out for any movement by Harry.

"Well, there they go, and I think we're all surprised to see the team that Potter's put together this year. Many thought, given Ronald Weasley's patchy performance as Keeper last year, that he might be off the team, but of course, a close personal friendship with the Captain does help..."

Slytherins applauded the words of the new commentator, Zacharias Smith.

"Oh, and here comes Slytherin's first attempt on goal, it's Grace streaking down the pitch and — Weasley saves it, well, he's bound to get lucky sometimes, I suppose..."

After half an hour of the match, it was sixty to forty, for Gryffindor. Ron was defending really well. Three of Slytherin's goals scored by Grace, and the other two by Urquhart. Ginny scored four of the six goals for Gryffindor. This made Zacharias stop doubting Ron's abilities. Smith stopped picking on Ron to pick on the two Gryffindor beaters: Peakes and Coote.

Harry was distracted by Zacharias' comments, just in time for Astoria to spot the golden snitch.

"And I think Greengrass of Slytherin's seen the Snitch! Yes, she's certainly seen something Potter hasn't!"

Astoria was reaching for the Snitch, when Harry passed like a bolt of lightning next to her, and caught it first.

Harry was in the arms of several people from Gryffindor, all cheering and celebrating the victory.

Grace saw that Ginny had not yet gotten off her broom.

"Ginny, where are you going?" Grace yelled.

Ginny sped right on past her until, with an almighty crash, she collided with the commentators podium.

McGonagall walked up to her with an angry face.

"Forgot to brake, Professor, sorry."

After the victory against Slytherin the Gryffindor went to celebrate in the common room. Grace congratulated her teammates for their efforts and everyone went back to the castle.

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes," Hermione said, while Grace and her were in the library.

"Yes, it was really a bit hasty on his part. But he is a boy, boys are like that. He's so self-important and unaccustomed to getting so much attention that he went to snog the first girl who gave him a chance." Grace said. "Hermione, I don't think I've ever spent more than two minutes alone talking to you, you know, always at least one of the boys is with you."

"It's true, I never noticed that before. It's nice sometimes to have someone a little more rational and who understands me more than both of them."

"I understand. Harry is very good friends with Ron, and like it or not he probably doesn't want to come between you two. And it must also be much better to have a female figure to talk to once in a while, I don't know how you can stand to be around them for so long..."

Hermione chuckled. "I don't either. I used to talk to Ginny sometimes too, but lately she hasn't let go of Dean."

The two were silent for a few minutes.

"But enough about Ron, Harry or Ginny. How are you and Draco doing? I don't want to intrude or anything, so you don't have to answer if you don't want to... I understand that when I'm around those two we never really open up to you about him. I believe in you, I think that behind all the mask of an arrogant, prejudiced boy there is a good person."

Grace sighed. "Thank you so much, Hermione, really. It's hard especially seeing Harry with so much hatred for Draco.... But we're doing very well indeed..." Grace said, reddening.

Grace's flushed face did not go unnoticed by Hermione, who raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Really? I knew that your relationship with Draco was something more serious, and not like you and Blaise were, I never imagined that you would..."

"Yeah... he couldn't have treated me better, he was a real gentleman. It doesn't seem like it, does it? When you look at it from the outside..."

"And does your father know? I only know Snape as a teacher, and I know it must be quite different from the way he treats you, but still... I imagine he must not take things so calmly. Not after the Ball, which you told me when he caught you and Blaise..."

"Wow, if my father knew... I have no idea how he would react. And actually, I don't even want to know."

Grace never thought it would feel so good to talk to Hermione. It was more than just talking to her roomates and friends, she really understood Grace. They were like sisters.