The first task

Things got a little worse for Harry after a few days. After he was interviewed by Rita Skeeter, and after she changed several of the things he said, he started to be ridiculed by the Slytherin students, which affected Grace as well. The two decided to ignore it and move on.

Grace thought for a moment that Harry and Ron's situation would improve, but as Rita's article came out, Ron's beliefs about Harry wanting attention seemed confirmed.

The one who was most furious with the two was Hermione, who was going from one to the other, trying to force the two to talk to each other. Harry would only talk to Ron again if he admitted that Harry didn't put his name in the goblet and apologized for calling him a liar.

"I didn't start this," Harry said stubbornly. "It's his problem."

"You miss him!" Hermione said impatiently. "And I know he misses you —"

"Miss him?" Harry said. "I don't miss him..."

" Of course you do, Harry! Stop pretending you don't, you're only fooling yourself! The two of you have been close since your first year at Hogwarts! No matter how wrong he is, you should talk to him." Grace said.

Although he was irritated by what Hermione and Grace said, deep down Harry knew that both of them were right.

Then Sunday came, the day of the first task of the Triwizard Tournament arrived. Grace couldn't imagine how Harry was feeling right now, and she didn't even want to imagine.

Grace went downstairs with her roommates for breakfast, and noticed that all the students were looking forward to the day. She spotted Harry sitting at the Gryffindor table, but preferred not to talk to him, thinking she might be a distraction at a tense moment.

And then she noticed Professor McGonagall approaching Harry and saying something to him. She noticed that the teacher was calling for the champions to go first. Grace looked at Harry, who stared back at her, and muttered "good luck".

Soon after, all the students were making their way down to the Quidditch pitch, where the first assignment would be held. Grace and her friends went quickly to the stands, just to get good seats. A short time later the stands were full, which meant that it was about to start.

Good morning, everyone! A warm welcome to the first task of the Triwizard Tournament! While the four champions are in the locker room eager to get started, I'll let Mr. Bagman explain how the first task will work!" Dumbledore spoke.

"Hello everyone! Well, the first task will be dragons! Each champion at this time is drawing a dragon. The dragon chosen for each participant will be holding a golden egg! Everyone's goal is to catch the egg! In addition, our judges will be giving marks for each champion's performance! I wish the four champions good luck!" Ludo said.

"The first champion to accomplish the task will be Cedric Diggory! Mr. Diggory will take on Swedish Short-Snout!" Ludo announced.

The only things Grace paid attention to were Cedric coming out of the locker room and being applauded by everyone, then she spotted the dragon,and behind it, well guarded, was the golden egg. She was so nervous and anxious for her brother that she barely paid any attention to Cedric, no matter how handsome and attractive she thought the boy was.

Some time later, Cedric manages to get the egg and the next champion is announced.

"And now Miss Delacour, our next champion who will face the Common Welsh Green!"

The girl came out of the locker room and was applauded by the Beauxbatons' students. Grace was only paying attention to Bagman's few comments.

"Oh I'm not sure that was wise!" Bagman shouted. "Oh... nearly! Careful now... good lord, I thought she'd had it then!"