Last day at Hogwarts

Harry, Ron, Lockhart, Ginny and Grace arrived at Professor McGonagall's office, Harry knocked on the door and opened it. Then a scream was heard.

"Ginny!" it was Mrs. Weasley, who had been crying in front of the fire.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley both flung themselves on their daughter. Harry wasn't paying attention to the Weasleys, he had just noticed that Dumbledore was near the fireplace beside Minerva, who was taking great, steadying gasps, clutching her chest. Fawkes settled on Dumbledore's shoulder.

"You saved her! You saved her! How did you do it?" Mrs. Weasley hugged Harry.

"I think we'd all like to know that, but first we need to look after Miss Snape." McGonagall said weakly.

Harry and Ron, who had been holding Grace, put her on the couch in front of the fire. After that, Harry grabbed the Sorting Hat and left it on the desk as well as the sword and Riddle's diary.

He told them everything. He told about the voices he had been hearing, how Hermione found out about the creature, how he and Ron had followed the spiders to the forest, that Aragog, Hagrid's spider, revealed where the last victim of the basilisk had died, how they figured that Myrtle was the last victim and that they also told them where was the entrance of the Chamber of Secrets.

"Very well," Professor McGonagall spoke. "so you found out where the entrance was — breaking a hundred school rules into pieces along the way, I might add — but how on earth did you all get out of there alive, Potter?"

Harry then told them about Fawkes arrival and the Sorting Hat with the sword in it. The only thing he didn't tell was about the diary and Ginny, he was afraid the girl would be expelled.

"What interests me most," Dumbledore said gently. "is how Lord Voldemort managed to enchant Ginny, when my sources tell me he is currently in hiding in the forests of Albania..."

"W-what's that?" Mr. Weasley asked. "You-Know-Who? En-enchant Ginny? But Ginny's not... Ginny hasn't been... has she?"

"It was this diary," Harry said quickly. "Riddle wrote it when he was sixteen..."

"Brilliant," Dumbledore said softly. "Of course, he was probably the most brilliant student Hogwarts has ever seen."

"But, Ginny," Mrs. Weasley said. "hat's our Ginny got to do with — with — him?"

"His d-diary!" Ginny sobbed. "I've b-been writing in it, and he's been w-writing back all year —"

After Molly and Arthur had given Ginny a lecture, Dumbledore spoke. "Miss Weasley and Miss Snape should go up to the hospital wing right away. This has been a terrible ordeal for them. There will be no punishment. Minerva, I think it's wise to notify Professor Snape that his daughter has been found."

"Of course, Professor. Will you stay with Potter and Weasley?" she asked him.

Dumbledore nodded. Then Minerva went to one of her portraits to notify Severus. "Please tell Professor Snape that Grace has been found, tell him to go to the hospital wing."

She used a spell to levitate Grace's body, and then, followed by Arthur, Molly, and Ginny, she went to the hospital wing. When they got there, Madam Pomfrey was taking care of the petrified students and Snape was already there.

"Minerva, where was she found? What happened to her?" Snape asked worriedly.

Minerva put Grace carefully on one of the beds.

"She'll be fine, Severus. Potter, Ron and Ginny Weasley were in the chamber with Gilderoy. In an attempt to help Harry, who was without his wand, Grace was attacked." Minerva informed Snape. "Poppy! I need you to take care of Grace."

"I need to know what happened to her so I can help." Madam Pomfrey said.

"She was a victim of the Cruciatus Curse and she was stupefied by You-Know-Who. Her body hit a wall and she collapsed on the ground already unconscious." Minerva told her.

"Cruciatus Curse?!" Snape gasped.

"Albus will tell you everything later, Severus. But for now you just stay with your daughter." Minerva said.

Severus conjured a chair and sat beside Grace's bed, who was still unconscious. After a few more spells to fix bones and another one to fix her bleeding nose, Grace woke up.

"Grace!" Snape said, immediately hugging her. "You have no idea how worried I was! Never do this again!"

"Was Harry able to kill the basilisk?" Grace asked, her voice was still weak.

"Yes, the basilisk is dead." he told her.

The next evening, at the time of the last dinner at Hogwarts, everyone was in their pyjamas. Grace had met and spoken to Hermione before, when they were both in the hospital wing and Hermione had already been resuscitated. The two entered the hall along with the other students who had been petrified. Hermione ran to Harry and Ron, and Grace to her friends.

"Another year that's gone by! And what a year! Fortunately all students who had been petrified were brought back. Although two Houses leaded the Inter-House Quidditch Cup, Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, the Cup was canceled. I'd like to explain to all of you some last minute House points. To Astoria Greengrass, Melia Rosier, Ella Wilkins, and Megan Avery, I give Slytherin ten points each one, although they broke some rules, all of you have demonstrated courage and cunning. To Grace Snape I give Slytherin a hundred points, for being brave to fight You-Know-Who. And to Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley I give two hundred points each one." he went on. "With that, I need to announce the winner of the House Cup of this year. In fourth place, Hufflepuff, with 315 points, in third place, Ravenclaw, with 354 points, in second place, Slytherin, with 572 points, and in first place, winner of this year's House Cup, Gryffindor, with 821 points!"

Everyone at the Gryffindor table celebrated. Those at the Slytherin table sat still, frowning.

The next morning, it was the day for everyone to leave. Grace had already packed her things and she and her friends were already on the Hogwarts Express to return home.

"I just wanted to say that despite everything bad that happened this year, I loved meeting all of you!" Grace said. "When I came here I thought I'd be placed in Gryffindor, but I'm so glad I got into Slytherin, because otherwise I wouldn't have become friends with you."

"I really enjoyed meeting you too, you know, it's much better to have real friends, I've spent my whole life playing with and being friends only with my siblings..." Melia spoke. "You're invited to come and visit me at home! Mum will love to meet you."

"I also really enjoyed meeting you and I'd like you to come and visit me one day!" Astoria said.

"Next year is going to be so cool... We'll spend the whole year together again!" Ella said excitedly.

"It's true! It'll be great! And we can try out for the Slytherin Quidditch team!" Megan said.

Later, the train arrived at its destination and everyone got off. Grace said a final goodbye to Harry, Ron and Hermione and then saw her father waiting for her. The two of them returned home. Snape wasn't even thinking about what awaited them next year.