Quidditch House Cup

Today would be the match everyone had been waiting for. Gryffindor versus Slytherin. The most rival Houses at Hogwarts. Grace was more nervous than usual, as it would be the first match she would be playing against her brother. Grace and the other Slytherin players were in the changing room.

"Gather around!" Flint spoke. "Today we give the best of us. Do anything you can so we can win, even if we hurt anyone of them. Today I've decided to put Warrington instead of Montague."

All Slytherin players walked in the field, from the opposite side of the Gryffindors. The Gryffindor crowd was screaming "GO GRYFFINDOR!" and "LIONS FOR THE CUP". Behind the Slytherin goal posts everyone was wearing green, Snape was sat in the front row, also wearing green. Lee Jordan started commenting.

"And here are the Gryffindors!" he yelled. "Potter, Bell, Johnson, Spinnet, Weasley, Weasley, and Wood. Widely acknowledged as the best team Hogwarts has seen in a good few years —"

The Slytherins were booing.

"And here come the Slytherin team, led by Captain Flint. He's made some changes in the lineup and seems to be going for size rather than skill —"

More boos from the Slytherin crowd. But Lee was right, the only small ones on the team were Draco and Grace.

"Captains, shake hands!" Madam Hooch said.

Flint and Wood approached each other and grasped each other's hand very tightly.

"Mount your brooms!" Madam Hooch said. "Three... two... one..."

The sound of her whistle was lost in the roar from the crowd as fourteen brooms rose into the air.

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinner of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goal posts, looking good, Alicia! Argh, no — Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing UP the field — WHAM! — nice Bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by — Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession, come on, Angelina — nice swerve around Grace — duck, Angelina, that's a Bludger! – SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!"

The sea of scarlet below was screaming its delight.

"OUCH!"

Angelina was nearly thrown from her broom as Marcus Flint went smashing into her.

"Sorry! Sorry, didn't see her!" Flint said.

A moment later, Fred Weasley chucked his Beater's club at the back of Flint's head. Flint's nose smashed into the handle of his broom and began to bleed.

"That will do!" Madam Hooch yelled. "Penalty shot to Gryffindor for an unprovoked attack on their Chaser! Penalty shot to Slytherin for deliberate damage to their Chaser!"

"Come off it, Miss!" Fred screamed.

Madam Hooch whistled and Alicia flew forward to take the penalty.

"Come on, Alicia! YES! SHE'S BEATEN THE KEEPER! TWENTY-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!" Lee screamed.

Flint was still bleeding a lot, he let Grace take the penalty. She threw the Quaffle and scored a goal. All Slytherins were cheering.

"Grace scores a goal to Slytherin! Slytherin with ten points, Gryffindor with twenty!"

The game continued.

"Gryffindor in possession, no, Slytherin in possession — no! Gryffindor back in possession and it's Katie Bell, Katie Bell for Gryffindor with the Quaffle, she's streaking up the field — THAT WAS DELIBERATE!"

Warrington, a Slytherin Chaser, had swerved in front of Katie, and instead of seizing the Quaffle had grabbed her head. Katie cart-wheeled in the air, managed to stay on her broom, but dropped the Quaffle.

Madam Hooch's whistle rang out again and started yelling at Warrington. Penalty shot to Gryffindor. Katie threw the Quaffle, but Miles Bletchley defended.

Harry and Draco were chasing the Snitch. Derrick almost hit Harry with one of the Bludgers. Seconds later another Bludger almost hit Harry, this time by Bole. The two Slytherin Beaters were following Harry, bats in hand.

Harry turned the Firebolt upward and the two Beaters collided.

"Ha haaa!" Lee yelled. "Too bad, boys! You'll need to get up earlier than that to beat a Firebolt! And it's Gryffindor in possession again, as Johnson takes the Quaffle — Flint alongside her — poke him in the eye, Angelina! — it was a joke, Professor, it was a joke — oh no — Flint in possession, Flint flying toward the Gryffindor goal posts, come on now, Wood, save —!"

But Flint scored. The Slytherin crowd was cheering again, and Lee swore so badly that Professor McGonagall tried to tug the magical megaphone away from him.

"Sorry, Professor, sorry! Won't happen again! So, Gryffindor in the lead, thirty points to ten, and Gryffindor in possession —"

Slytherins were rapidly resorting to any means to take the Quaffle. Bole hit Alicia with his club and tried to say he'd thought she was a Bludger. George Weasley elbowed Bole in the face in retaliation. Madam Hooch awarded both teams penalties.

Spinnet scored another goal and Grace score another one. Thirty-Thirty.

Katie Bell scored a goal. Forty-Thirty. Fred and George Weasley were swooping around her, clubs raised, in case any of the Slytherins were thinking of revenge. Bole and Derrick took advantage of Fred's and George's absence to aim both Bludgers at Wood, they caught him in the stomach, one after the other, and he rolled over in the air, clutching his broom, completely winded.

Madam Hooch was beside herself.

"YOU DO NOT ATTACK THE KEEPER UNLESS THE QUAFFLE IS WITHIN THE SCORING AREA! Gryffindor penalty!"

Angelina scored. Fifty-Thirty. Moments later, Fred Weasley pelted a Bludger at Warrington, knocking the Quaffle out of his hands, Grace grabbed it and put it through the Gryffindor goal. Fifty-Forty.

Slytherin crowd wouldn't stop screaming Grace's name.

Harry then saw the Snitch. Malfoy had thrown himself forward, grabbed hold of the Firebolt's tail, and was pulling it back.

"You —"

"Penalty! Penalty to Gryffindor! I've never seen such tactics." Madam Hooch said.

"YOU CHEATING SCUM!" Lee yelled. "YOU FILTHY, CHEATING B —"

Alicia took Gryffindor's penalty, but she was so angry she missed by several feet. The Gryffindor team was losing concentration and the Slytherins, delighted by Malfoy's foul on Harry, were being spurred on to greater heights.

"Slytherin in possession, Slytherin heading for goal — Grace scores —" Lee said. "Fifty-fifty..."

"Get out of it, Potter!" Draco yelled.

"Angelina Johnson gets the Quaffle for Gryffindor, come on, Angelina, COME ON!"

Every single Slytherin player was streaking up the pitch toward Angelina, including the Slytherin Keeper. Harry shot towards the Slytherins. They scattered as the Firebolt zoomed toward them.

"SHE SCORES! SHE SCORES! Gryffindor leads by sixty Points to fifty!"

Harry saw Draco close to the Snitch. He dived and tried to capture the Snitch.

"Go! Go! Go!" he urged to his broom.

Even with his Firebolt, Malfoy was closer and was the one to capture it.

"Malfoy captured the Snitch..." Lee said. "Slytherin wins the Quidditch House Cup..."

All Slytherin players went to where Malfoy was to celebrate.

"We've won the Cup! We've won the Cup!" The players were screaming.

Tangled together in a many-armed hug, the Slytherin team sank, yelling hoarsely, back to earth.

Wave upon wave of green supporters was pouring over the barriers onto the field. Hands were raining down on their backs.

Grace saw Snape, he had a huge smile on his face. Trying to get to Grace were Megan, Melia, Ella, and Astoria. They all had grins on their faces. Dumbledore had the cup in his hands.