Chapter 1

"I'm going to beat you" A 4 year old Damian boasted a few feet above a 4 year old Amara . "Dami wait for me!" She whined her tiny arms pulling her up the mountain faster.

"We're almost to the top now children" Amara's mother Nadia told them as she watched them complete the training exercise set by the demons head himself.

Much to his displeasure her protests had allowed her to watch over them in case something was to go wrong.

Damian made it up to a small ledge where he waited for Amara to catch up. Amara slowly made her way onto the ledge the two children taking a quick breath and drinking the water Nadia offered them before they continued their task.

They were about 3/4 up the mountain before a rockslide began to form around them Nadia was quick to beckon them into a cave grabbing onto the children and pulling them inside.

"My bag!" Amara ran back outside to grab her backpack "Amara!" Nadia shouted for her daughter who's eyes widened watching the big Boulder rolling towards her as she stood there frozen.

Nadia quickly ran out after her pushing her inside before the Boulder could hit either of them.

The Boulder ended up blocking their exit, and causing some rubble to fall down onto them. Damian covered Amara with his body determined to protect her as the rocks hit them.

Nadia was stuck on the other side unable to reach the kids due to the blocked exit.

A couple minutes later the rumbling stopped. Damian lifted himself off of her "mama!" Amara ran over to the wall calling out to her mother.

"I'm here Mari, Dami it's okay, follow the tunnel I'll meet you on the other side but make sure you stick together okay?"

Damian bit his lip to hold in his cry "what's wong Dami?" Amara asked her best friend.

"I hurt my arm when the rocks fell" he told her "lemme see" she told him grabbing his arm and expecting it "yep it's broken" she sighed ripping a piece of her sleeve and making a makeshift sling out of it.

"Come on, your mama said to follow the tunnel and stay together" he told her as the two made their way down the tunnel hand in non broken hand.

Not long after they made their way down the path the tunnel becoming smaller and smaller until the were crawling rather than walking.

"I see light!" Damian cheered from in front of Amara, they made their way out into a small creek, where they spotted Nadia calmly waiting for them.

The two ran over to her and she pulled them both in for a hug checking over them quickly "oh muhaaribi" ('my fighter/warrior' in Arabic) she gently took a hold of his arm.

"It's my fault mama he was protecting me" Amara frowned tears sprouting in her eyes.

"Oh don't cry, this is a badge of honor" Nadia told them wiping her daughters tears.

"You risked your own life to protect your partners, that is a sign of a true warrior, that you have each other's backs" she told Damian who smirked triumphantly.

"And you, you're quick thinking to make a sling helped keep him from hurting himself further showing that no man gets left behind" she pointed at her daughter before observing  his arm a tad bit longer.

"Would you like to return now and finish this task another day?" She asked looking over the dirty and dusty children.

"No! We have made it too far to give up now!" Damian told her with Amara nodding along.

They quickly continued their path as the sun began its decent. They heaved and pushed until they had reached the top where they found Ras sword he had left as a token for them to collect and return to him.

It was dark when they had made it back to solid ground, just as they reached the entrance the doors opened revealing ras al ghul.

Nadia bowed down to him as he nodded in acknowledgement before dismissing her "Grandfather" the remaining two bowed in respect  "come children" he beckoned them over.

"I have been watching and I am proud of what you did today" the two kids smiled beaming at each other.

"I have gifts for your act of bravery my grandson" he told him as they made their way into a locked chamber.

"Over the years I have collected many relics and memorabilia and they have brought me great benefit which is why I gift you the sword of the al ghuls" he handed Damian a long silver katana patterns and their family crest embroidered into the metal, with the green leather sheath reaching up to the golden hilt.

"I will use it with pride and honor" he accepted the gift his emerald eyes looking at every detail of the embellishments.

"And for you my child I give you the Lazarus elixir containing restorative properties derived from the Lazarus pit, one drop and any injury is healed instantly but only a drop, too much could lead to catastrophic disaster. Only to be used in dire need" he handed her a small glass bottle which had blood red glass holding the golden liquid, it attached onto a necklace which she put on immediately.

"Now children you must take care of your gifts, you'll be needing them for when this is all yours" he gestured to the yard where the leagues assassins were training.

"Now eat your dinner and off to bed"
He instructed "yes grandfather" they both hurried along their stomachs growling with hunger.