Chapter 15

"That's messed up" Barbara said as she sat down the tea in front of me. "I know" I laid my head on the table, the pounding headache I had wasn't helping either, my hands were shaking and my eyes kept twitching and that god forsaken pull was driving me crazy. Is this what anxiety feels like?

"You should've kicked her ass when you had the chance" she pointed out and I groaned "I know" she sighed again "do you want me to talk to Dick?" I sat up, "no, I don't need my big sister to come and fight my battles for me okay I need to deal with this" I stood up pacing, think Amara think!

"You can't do this on your own" Barbara stood beside me "if your backed into a corner you don't fall to your knees, you look to your partner and if you don't have a partner then you're just stupid" she looked at me confused "it's just something my mom said" A smile made its way to my face, note to self, beat Slade until I found out what happened to her.

"Isn't your partner Damian? And isn't he MIA" She asked I shook my head "your partner is someone you can trust not to turn on you" I pointed at her, "I need to go guns blaring, do you wanna come?" I turned to her quickly and she shook her head.

"Easy girl, sit down" she motioned to the chair and I complied, "some battles are best to be fought by the people who started them, you know what you have to do, you just don't want to do it" she looked at me and I knew she was right.

"They turned their backs on me" she shushed me "they just don't know the truth, it's eventually going to come out and bite them in the ass, and what they need is for you to be there when it happens" she held my hand.

"You can't save all of them but in this line of work, you're team is your team, plus it'll feel amazing when you tell them I told you so" she winked and I nodded.

"So what are you gonna do?" I stood up "I'm gonna help the team who turned their back on me, watch them get betrayed and then tell them I was right" she rolled her eyes at me "you need to word it better but yes" she hugged me and I allowed her.

"Thank you" I told her sincerely, I never knew what it was like to have sisterly wisdom imparted onto me until I met Barbara, and she loved me despite the many times I have screwed up, even if everyone turned their backs on me I know whole heartedly that she would defend me til the ends of the earth.

"That's what big sisters are for, remember smarter, older, prettier, ginger" We shared a laugh before I left back to the tower.

"Gloating better feel amazing, I better not be making all this effort to do the right thing, just to get killed in the process" I sighed as I was about 20 minutes from the tower.

An alert went off on my phone, but I could already see the orange flames that engulfed the large T shaped building. The pull in my chest suddenly becoming stronger with each passing second.

As soon as I was on sight I scoured the whole area for any signs of any of them, I heard rustling and picked up a small pipe off the floor, a weapon is a weapon.

I cautiously came closer and closer before my pipe suddenly clashed with another, I instantly recognized the familiar blue eyes and black hair.

"Richard seriously? Now is not the time to play sword fighting!" I threw my pipe down as did he, he looked really roughed up, multiple cuts and bruises littered his arms and his face, his left arm was in a sling and he looked in pain.

Sighing I pulled out my bottle and handed it to him "you're not old enough to be carrying alcohol" he scolded me and refused to take it.

I smacked it into his hand "it's an elixir that can heal any wound within seconds, I know you've seen Damian and I drink out of it before" I urged him to do the same but he looked at me skeptically. "Just a sip come on"

"What if it's poison that you and Damian have built up immunity to?" I glared at him and he took a sip. He stretched his arm out and the sling fell from his shoulders.

He handed the bottle back to me "what happens if you have more than a sip?" He asked and I shrugged "you don't wanna know" I pulled him with me as we got out of the rubble once we realized the others were no where to be found.

"So what's the plan?" He turned to me and my eyes widened at me "what? I thought you were the leader, Bruce's number 1 fanboy" I do spend too much time with Tim.

"It was your suspicions that we ignored, your gut is almost always right, right now what's your gut telling you" I instantly thought of the pull that had somehow dragged me here is currently tugging me somewhere else.

"There's something I have to tell you" it took way longer than expected due to his incessant questioning, not to mention the 10 minutes we spent trying to get the wings to come out.

"We need to track them down" he told me and I shrugged "I feel like I know the way" I let in to my impulses and a golden tether formed once again, showing me a path which I'm hoping leads to the others or at least to Damian.

"So do I" he smirked holding up a tracker "you got one in him too?" I asked and we shared a fist bump. "He gets lost more often then you'd think" I nodded my head knowing first hand how true that was.

The pull had finally stopped relieving me like an itch I could finally scratch, we were just outside a church of all places, ironic considering all the sins these guys have committed.

We had snuck our way in and my heart stopped once I caught sight of Damian, he was beaten and bruised and laying limp on a large metal contraption surrounded by the others. Never in my life had I seen him so helpless and weak, physically he looked drained but emotionally he looked like he was ready to fight a war.

"Nightwing is dead, and you drove Amara away, this must really hurt to know that she was right, doesn't it?" I silently agreed to everything Slade was saying because well it was true.

"You made us turn on her" Garfield gritted out "for the record I didn't turn on her" Jon pointed out, Damian started to pull against his restraints "I'll kill you if you even go near her" his whole body was red with rage as he violently shook and pulled at the metal binding him. I forgot what the butterflies I felt whenever he threatened to kill someone for me felt like considering we were now 'morally good'.

"I can do whatever I please, she is my family not yours" he growled at Damian and I couldn't help the confusion. After everything, he thinks of me as his family, he's more delusional that I thought he was.

I tried really hard to hide the smile on my face when Slade gave up Terra to complete the machine, my heart felt for her it really did, she truly thought she was in love and I told her that he would betray but she didn't listen.

I was getting ready to step in but nightwing held me back, the room started to fill with grunts and screams of the team as the life practically bled out of them and absorbed into brother blood who was sat at the base of the machine.

Nightwing gave me the signal and that's when we began our attack nightwing aimed to knock out, I was aiming to rip them to shreds after all the pain and damage they caused and for working with that traitor who hurt Damian.

Not long after the bodies dropped to the floor the machine exploded from a batarang.

The team weakly dropped to the floor, from pure instinct I ran to Damian and held his face in my hands just as I had done when we were first reunited.

"Are you okay?" I asked my fingers gently tracing over the cuts that were almost engraved onto his face "I'm fine Mari" he pulled me close to him "I'm sorry it took so long" he shook his head "I knew you were coming and I know you brought hell with you" we shared a smirk and a quick kiss, neither of us were fond of public display of affections, because we had nothing to prove to anyone but ourselves.

"Don't hold back, I'm sick and tired of that psycho interfering in our lives" I told him as he gritted his teeth picking up a pipe off the floor "trust me I won't" he pulled me with him as we ventured off to battle Slade and end him once and for all.