Chapter 16

I somehow made it back to the team who were now fighting the empowered brother blood and severely getting their butts handed to them.

With Jons freeze breath, koris solar flares, jaimes intuition, Garfield's animosity, and ravens demonic side not to mention Damian's skill he was near impossible to beat, unless of course you had someone who knew the weaknesses of these individuals but that raised the issue, this was one man and it seemed like he gathered the strengths leaving no room for weaknesses.

"Mari duck!" Jon yelled and I instantly crouched down just barely missing the laser sent towards my head. I ran up to brother blood dagger in hand as I started to slash at him, I could hear the sound of my dagger ripping through his skin but it was barely effective, each cut healing just as fast as I had made it.

"We can't beat him" Garfield panted out "what we need to do-" I raised my hand cutting kori off "I'm sorry but so far all your plans have sucked, I tried to keep you guys out of this mess and no one listened so now I'm gonna get us out of this and this time you better listen because the potential of dying is now dialed up to 95" everyone seemed shocked at how I talked back, I honestly felt the slightest bit of pride, three weeks ago I wouldn't have dared talk like that to someone with authority but right now I couldn't handle it anymore and I actually felt relief when she shut up and nodded.

"Okay.. we need to coordinate our attacks, going one by one is just gonna tire us out enough for him to kill us, you hit it from the front and we'll get him from the back, I'll distract him and one of you cut his head off" the agreed with the plan until the end and raven elbowed me "fine, subdue him or whatever" we broke apart just in time as to avoid a huge boulder being thrown at us.

"Amara!" I turned my head to Damian who called out dodging a stab from slade.

I was suddenly tackled to the ground, groaning I held my side as Raven rolled off of me. "Go to him they need you, we'll handle this" I nodded running off getting there just in time to block slades sword.

"I was starting to think you didn't want to fight" I glared at him "I wasn't, but just the thought of ending your miserable life.." He narrowly missed the swipe I took to his next "well you get the idea" I charged at him again, Richard attacked from behind as Damian joined me from the front.

Each time he knocked one of us down the other would counteract. "Aww come on princess, did you really think you could beat me?" He laughed, I was so sick of him, that condescending tone he used to make me feel less, he knew I hated it because it always brought me into submission and apologizing for being weak but I wasn't feeling it this time.

My eyes flickered to gold, his eyes widened at the sight, "no! That power should have been mine!" He charged just as I did my sword stabbed into his side as his went in to my chest.

The power inside me was practically burning as a pulse of energy burst out of me like a wave, knocking him back. My hands grew shaky again as I stumbled slightly at the bleeding wound on my side.

Terra suddenly yelled out "slade! I was being studied just like the rest! You planned this right from the start!" Slade removed his mask turning to her "calm down this is all a big misunderstanding love" when is it not a big misunderstanding? I killed the leader over a misunderstanding, I made you do my bidding and then betrayed you over a misunderstanding. I told Thalia about your duck but it was a misunderstanding.

"A couples fued, right now?" I muttered to Damian who held my waist offering support as my wound slowly healed his green eyes looking at me worried.

"Terra no" Richard called out from beside us, she lifted up her hands to form a rock wall around her, lifting up boulders and launching them at slade I could barely hear the words "oh shit" before he was buried in the pile of rocks.