Chapter 22

Her classes up until lunch went smoothly, no one had gone up to her yet and she hoped it stayed that way. She had gone to her locker to put her books away for lunch, Damian had told her he would meet her there so they could walk to lunch together.

"Hi again" she shifted her eyes from
Her locker to meet Evans, "hi?" Did he ever stop smiling? "I thought I'd do you a favor and let you sit with my friends and I at lunch" he winked, "you're doing me a favor?" She felt slightly offended, she also didn't accept favors it meant she was in debt and she hated when she had to be in debt to someone.

"No thank you, I have someone to sit with" she politely declined, "Really? Replacing me already" he feigned hurt, before she could protest a figure came up behind her, "are you ready to go?" She turned to see Damian walk up to her completely ignoring the presence of the boy behind her.

"Wayne? You're having lunch with Wayne?" He looked shocked but his tone had a hint of distaste with the way he said Wayne, like it was some sort of disease he didn't want to get infected with.

"I'll see you around, thank you for the offer though" Amara bid Evan good bye before she left with Damian.

"What offer?" Damian asked once they were far away enough, "just to eat lunch with him and his friends, he's my tour guide" Damian showed her how to get her lunch, and he wasn't surprised that she instantly became friends with the lunch ladies, they gave her an extra pudding cup and they never did that ever.

He lead her over to the table that was although in the back beside the window, happened to be in the center of the cafeteria within everyone's view point.

The stares and murmurs started again as she sat down, all eyes were on her like they were expecting something to happen.

"Why are they all staring?" She quietly asked picking at her food to seem like
She didn't care. "You're new and we don't let anyone outside our circle sit with us" he shrugged like it was nothing special.

"You have a circle? I thought it was just us, Tim and Stephanie?" Damian shook his head.

"You'll see" she hated when he did that, he knew she hated the unexpected and for some reason he enjoyed annoying the hell out of her.

"We're on a break, I can annoy you and not be cute about it" he justified like that was enough for him to mess with her.

"Maybe I'll go sit with Evan then" she teased, she wasn't going to but she loved the look of jealousy that crossed his face at the mention of his name.

"Absolutely not" the two held their gaze daring the other to break it. Tim sat down with a couple other people waving his hand between the two but they didn't budge.

"What's going on here?" A voice Amara had never heard before asked, Amara blew in Damian's face making him blink as she cheered, "ha I win" she smirked turning to the others at the table ignoring Damian grumbling 'cheater'.

One of them was tall and muscular with short black hair and light blue eyes, beside him sat a girl with long blonde hair that was tied back in a pony tail with brown eyes, to her left was the familiar face and the auburn hair of the one and only Bart Allen.

"Hi again" she smiled shyly, she was not the kind of person to talk to strangers.

"It's so crash that you go here now, I thought for sure you'd flip out, in the future you always told me how bad it was here, but honestly not that bad" Bart quickly rushed out, "Bart!" The group scolded.

"Right, no future talk" Amara figured that if they knew he was from the future then it was more than likely that they were in fact heroes like him, the more she thought about it the more she could see the resemblance between the heroes and the people sat in front of her.