Chapter 59

"My dad is going to kill me.."

"Just tell him she's staying at your place"

"He'll get all concerned and come to check on us"

"I can't believe you let Mari get kidnapped"

"Jason you have no room to judge you weren't there!"

Damian slowly blinked his eyes open, he looked around the empty room, he was in the medbay. He remembered falling.. then darkness, on the bedside table stood Amaras healing elixir, it must have healed him. His mind suddenly clicked on..
Where was Amara?

He slowly and carefully stood up making sure he had his balance, he read off pamphlets, and picked up a couple of objects. Determining himself not concussed he pocketed the elixir and went to put his suit on.

"Is the demon awake yet?" Tim asked through the phone, he and Jason were on the jet coming back from the Bahamas the second they heard what happened.

I mean when your best friend is kidnapped and your brother drops about 20ft from the air you have to show up, it's basic manners.

"He's still asleep" Barbara told them, still trying to think of an excuse that would convince her dad that Amara was fine.

They heard a crash and ran to the source weapons in hand. "Damian no!" Dick warned. "What's he doing?" Jason asked excited. "Did you really expect me to just sit around when Amara's in the hands of the league?" Damian shook his head at him walking towards his bike.

"You have a concussion, you need rest Damian" Barbara told him "I don't have a concussion! I can't walk talk and read just fine" Dick ran and straight up tackled him to the ground. "Get off me Grayson!" Damian struggled in his weakened state to get out of Dicks hold until he pinched his shoulder - a move Amara had finally taught him rendering the older boy unconscious. Barbara watched in shock as he rolled the limp body off him and calmly walked over to his bike. "Where do you think your going?" She asked him bewildered.

"To find someone who can actually help" was all he said before he got on his bike and left the cave.

He had no clue why he was on his way to Central City, he believed it would be a good idea but the odds of them actually helping was really slim, incredibly slim but family is family right?

He waited on a rooftop not too far away, he waited and watched. A couple feet away a blonde woman walked down the streets, no older than 17 wearing a waitress uniform. Central city wasn't like Gotham, they didn't have too many alleyways where general crooks would inhabit, they typically stuck with meta human villains rather than the general pick pockets.

He watched the girl walk into the alley as if she hadn't a care in the world, he watched as a crook held a gun to her head. Now he would've stepped in if the girl hadn't broken his arm and pocketed the gun walking away as if nothing had happened.

Damian smirked amused you can take the girl out of training but not training out of the girl. He landed behind her tilted his head and raising an eyebrow when she cocked the gun and aimed for his head. "What do you want?"

"Is that any way to greet your favorite cousin?" Damian smirked as she rolled her eyes lowering the gun. "Being my only cousin doesn't necessarily make you my favorite. Now again I ask, What do you want?"

"We need to talk" he told her all amusement gone. "No thanks" she dismissed continuing down the alley. "Mara please" she paused, if there's one thing you don't see often from Damian is him pleading, he thinks he's too good for it yet here he was pleading for help, this must be serious.