Chapter 14

"How did you get my number?" I asked and he scoffed "I call you after so long and that's the first thing you ask?" I shook my head.

"You're right, never mind I know how, when you and Terra kidnapped Damian, you got it from his phone where you texted me that we're over because you thought it would weaken me, well guess what if you wanted to hurt me you hurt me, what you've done with my boyfriend is angered me and both of us know I don't handle anger very well" I sighed into the phone hoping my theory is correct I mean why else would she keep calling me princess and glaring like I did something bad, my mind honestly surprises me sometimes with the way it works.

"Guess you figured it out" he chuckled and I pressed a button, "why are you requesting a face time? I'm trying to talk to you-" I cut him off "I can't talk through a device I need to talk face to face" next thing you know his face pops up very zoomed in, "okay back up a little, there you go" I felt like it was back in the league when he'd train me, and we'd just learn new things together.

Then all the painful memories of that day came back and I reminded myself that I wasn't going to let him betray me again. I hope I can find my mother, I'll actually kill him if he did anything to her.

"Now cut to the chase, what do you want? I'd like him back in perfect condition and any scratch you have on him will be cut deeper on to the little puppet you call Terra" I growled into the phone, I could practically see her glare at me from where she was hidden. Wasn't she supposed to be at her party?

"Looks like someones grown feisty of the years" he smirked and I rolled my eyes "I'm not here to catch up, give me back my boyfriend I'm not going to ask again" I could see the way his frown would deepen and stare go stronger every time I said 'boyfriend' and I'm going to be honest I've actually never referred to Damian as my boyfriend til now.

"All will be known soon, you just have to meet me in person and you can have the bat brat back" imagine saying that 5 times fast. "Don't Amara! He's crazy and driving me mad, he's such a stalker, a watcher, a psychopath!" I instantly recognized our code for when someone had an ulterior motive. It wasn't so much of a code than a song that just reminded us of Slade, and all he did was double cross us but nonetheless it did come in handy when we needed it.

"Im driving you mad? Kid you ruined my whole life!" I could hear him yell in the background so I just hung up.

"So are you going to come out or continue to hide?" I smirked as she came out into the open. "How does it feel to be Slade's sloppy seconds? I mean he's got you hooked some how, what did he do? Tell you that you were special? Did he save you? Are you in debt?"

I could practically see the waves of anger and jealousy rolling off of her, he's an arrogant old man, I don't get what she likes about him?

"Shut up!" She threw a boulder at me and I quickly dodged. "If he's got you trapped we can get you help and you'll never have to see him again" I tried to persuade her, what if it's out of her hands, my mother always said 'never to start war because there's always a side that you don't know'.

"You think I want your help? We're partners, this is my plan, I want you gone and he's going to do that because he loves me" she smirked as if she won and I couldn't help the gag that came out of me.

"Is this Stockholm syndrome? He's an old man going after a teenaged girl, he's manipulative, two faced, and more often than not he backstabs the person he's working with and with the way this is looking that's going to be you" That man is incapable of love and for her to think that this is what love is then her heart isn't going to be the only thing broken along with everyone one of her bones once I find Damian and Slade inevitably reveals his master plan.