Chapter 19

They had all gathered back at the manor, Jim had finally gotten some insight on the life his daughter had been living her entire childhood. "You let our daughter become an assassin?!" He yelled as he paced around the living room, "it was either that or die, which option would you have preferred?" She sarcastically replied from her seat on the couch.

"I'd prefer her staying with me than having to risk her life up in those mountains" he retorted, "can we not talk about me like I'm not here?" Amara piped up after hearing them argue for 10 minutes.

"Look could my childhood have been better? Yes, but if I didn't have the one I have, I never would had met Damian or learnt to protect myself, or even be alive because let's face it I'm accident prone" she shrugged, her parents nodding agreeing to her last statement. She was clumsy, sometimes she would just be too invested to see what she was doing, funnily enough she gets hurt more at home from tripping over something than she does on missions where knives and explosions happen.

"What I want to know is about your family" she motioned to the group of gods who were huddled in the corner.

"How many times have you died?" Damian asked from his place beside Amara on the loveseat.

"A couple... hundred" Nadia replied quietly, "and how is it that you keep coming back?" Bruce asked, it was weird for Damian to see his father interacting with his surrogate mother.

"Like I mentioned, these people are gods and I used to associate myself with them, thus allowing me to be reincarnatable. I'm what you called a Demi god, only have one godly parent and that bastard Slade and I shared a mother. He killed me and I would've resurrected just fine, it just took a little longer with the 13 bullets in my chest" Nadia spoke nonchalantly as if she was over the fact she had died like it was nothing, she didn't really grasp the hurt her daughter and surrogate son had endured while she was reviving.

"Just call us your family" Zeus, Amara had finally found out their names, groaned as he looked at her exasperated.

"I don't call backstabbers my family" Nadia shook her head, she was known to hold grudges and this one had lasted for years.

"I didn't do anything though" Apollo whined, "and that is why you're the only one I missed Polly" she grinned at her brother.

"Isn't it crazy how Damian's in laws are going to be gods?" Jason whispered to Dick who was watching the drama in amusement. "I'm not gonna lie but I kinda expected it" he muttered back.

"Really? Cause I thought he'd end up with a demon, you know someone of his own kind" Tim added, ignoring the disapproving glare dick sent him, "the demon found an angel or should I say goddess" Jon snickered, he never was one to indulge in drama but he had a feelings things were going to turn out in his favor very soon.

"Okay so far we know, you've disowned them" Amara motioned to the group of gods, "you disapprove the way I was raised" she pointed at her father, "and you die a lot more than people typically do" she summed up what they spent the last hour trying to discuss.

"One last question, how do I give this back to you?" She motioned to the gold hue that was surrounding her, it hadn't gone away since her mother was discovered alive, and to be honest it was starting to bug her like an itch she couldn't scratch.

"I can't take them back" her mother told her, "why not?" She demanded "once they are given they cannot be returned" Nadia told her and Amara wanted to rip her hair out in frustration.

"Why would you give them to me, If you knew you'd revive?" She stood up now and began pacing, "because slade was coming after you and believe it or not I'd rather not have my daughter die" Amara scoffed, "I wouldn't have died" Jon then chimed in, "you got stabbed in the chest" but she waved it off "minor injury".

"You were stabbed in the chest?!" Jim yelled, "dad now is not the time to talk about that" she turned back to her mother, "how do I get them to go away or suppress them or whatever" Nadia shook her head at this.

"You can't suppress them, you'll have too much built up energy and it's going to act out" Tim's head perked up at this "like an obscurial" everyone turned their heads to his outburst.

"A what?" Dick facepalmed, "in Harry Potter an obscurial was a witch or wizard who suppressed their magic which led them to develop an obscurus which basically was there magic lashing out and hurting people out of their control" Nadia pointed at him nodding "the excited boy is correct, we don't call it that but that is what will happen"

"Why has my life suddenly becoming like a book character?" Amara voiced out she was still tired after her panic attack earlier but Damian wouldn't let her sleep with all the shock and sadness she had gone through during the 'funeral'.

"Is there any more questions?" Nadia asked glancing around the room, "I have one" Jim spoke up, "if Amara grew up with Damian, does that mean he's an assassin too?" The silence was almost deafening, no one uttered a word as he started to sprout out theories that were definitely true.

"Amara is the new vigilante in Gotham, she's known to have robin as her partner, he only showed up a couple months before she did, same time Damian Wayne had turned up, you're Robin aren't you?" His aged eyes landed onto Damian's green ones.

"And there's no way that you wouldn't know about this, which means you're either Batman and judging by the similarities to your children and the other vigilantes you're all the bat family or an extremely neglecting parent" no one knew what to do seemingly in shock at how quick this had been put together.

"Sorry dad" Amara squeaked pinching his neck wincing when he fell to the floor, "what do we do?" She turned to them in panic.

"Use your singing thing on him" Jon suggested, "it doesn't work if she cares about her victims" Damian muttered.

All heads turned to Bruce who did nothing as he stared at his old friend laying unconscious on the floor. "Bruce what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know"