Chapter 64

They rushed onto the ship and Amara barely even had a chance to get on the ship before Barbara was pulling her into a bone crushing hug. "Missed you too" she laughed hugging back. "No! You do not get to do this again okay? I've been losing my mind since the second you've been gone and that's it you're not allowed anywhere anymore because everywhere you go there's always some burning building, or kidnapping or danger where I could lose you" Barbara yelled at her.

"B I'm fine" she assured her older sister, "no you're not you could have died" Barbara was a wreck whenever Amara did something reckless because god forbid if anything did happen their dad would be heartbroken. Up until now he didn't know of the things his children did, but that day at Wayne Enterprises she saw just how much it pained him when he found out she was in the building and she just couldn't put him through that pain again.

"Why are you yelling? She's died like 10 times today.." Evan groaned holding his head. Barbara's eyes snapped to his "You!" Barbara started to stalk towards him.

"Is anyone going to stop her?" Bart muttered and they turned to Dick who's been sat with her for the last few days trying to figure out how to get Amara back. "Trust me she needs this" he waved off.

Barbara punched Evan and with a single blow he was knocked down "that's for hurting my sister" Barbara spat. "Your sister?" He questioned.

"Yes my sister" Barbara glared protectively holding Amara close to her. "Does that mean your my sister too?" Evan held his jaw from the punch she gave him, he could already feel it healing.

"What?"

"Oh they're brother and sister apparently" Vivian grinned watching Barbara's shocked face. "I'm sorry what?"

An hour into the journey back it was filled with silence, Barbara looked between the two 'reunited' siblings trying to figure out how it was even remotely possible.

Mara sat beside Damian discussing what would happen with the league with Nyssa trying to take charge. While Tim, Vivian and Jason played pass the parcel with the baby.

"Do you think she has a type?" Bart whispered to Amara who sat beside him a couple feet away from the Al Ghuls.

"What do you mean?" She whispered back.

"He apparently used to have hair like mine, and you heard what they said, he was really outgoing and free.. you don't think she used me to replace him do you?" Amara shook her head and laughed.

"I'm being serious did you see how she got when she saw him again and when he died" Bart bit his nails scared to lose the girl he never even thought he'd have.

"Mara isn't like that, she felt just the same as we did - he's an old face from our past and whatever they had it's clearly fizzled out or else why wouldn't she be with him right now? When he died it brought up a lot of memories we all felt guilt for not being able to save him the last time that's all" she smiled looking at the two Al Ghuls together it had been a while since they'd last been able to just sit and talk.

"she's not the kind to verbally express her feelings and I definitely wouldn't have done it in front of everyone like that but she will show you when she is ready" she patted Barts hands trying to reassure him the best she could before standing up to join Mara and Damian.

"One of us needs to take charge-" Mara told them. Damian and Amara shared a look, "we need someone we can trust who really can handle the task which is why anyone of us would be good candidates but we all have lives now.. are we really going to risk them? And the people we have now" Damian asked, if he had to choose he'd happily give up the publicity, the galas, the money but one thing he wouldn't trade was his family. "The league in Nyssa's hands is dangerous, they had a freaking baby in a lab! I'm not trying to scare you but it looks an awful lot like you" Amara explained her concern eyeing the baby Vivian was cuddling.

"Would you leave your dad and Barbara?" Damian asked Amara before turning to Mara "and you, would you leave your job? Your school? I can't believe I'm saying this, would you leave Allen?"

"What about Lady Shiva?" Mara suggested ignoring the last bit, "she is loyal to the Al Ghuls if we can convince her to take charge with us as allies then that would buy us time to find a more permanent solution" Amara agreed, it seemed to be the best option. "For now we can go back to our lives" Damian told them the three agreeing to the plan.

"Speaking of lives when did he come into yours?" Amara nudged Mara who glared at the insinuation. "I don't know what you're talking about" she shook her off. "Sure about that Maya?" Damian smirked.

"Maya?" Amara turned to her questionably "I needed a new name it fits" Mara shrugged. "And where does he fit?" Amara motioned to Bart with her eyes. "Come on you're killing him" Damian rolled his eyes as Barts not so subtly looked at them.

"He's like a parasite" Mara finally grumbled, "at first you want to get rid of him but he persists and persists and shows up at your work unexpectedly multiple times a day for 2 months and then we you tell him to get lost and he listens.. you realized you got attached and there's no getting rid of him then you kind of want him to stay until he goes and professes in front of everyone" she huffed out with Damian and Amara looking at her amused. "I-it's complicated" she finally told them. It was hilarious to watch such a ruthless assassin to be troubled by her love life.

"It really isn't" Amara shook her head, "how did you feel when Vanny died?" She asked watching Mara carefully "guilty.. I couldn't stop it the last time and I just stood there and let it happen this time" Mara snuck a glance at the blonde boy shifting uncomfortably from Barbara's glare.

"Now imagine it was Bart instead of Vanny" Mara's head snapped to hers a hand on her chest "oh god what is that feeling?" She heaved checking her pulse it was weird to feel so strange all of a sudden.

Damian and Amara shared a knowing look "love".

"No thank you" Mara politely declined standing up and making her way to the front of the jet. "That's so cute" Amara gushed, Damian intertwined their hands "so are we" he leaned closer "Well not me but you" Amara rolled her eyes kissing his cheek.

They all made it back to the batcave, where everyone was checked out and prepared a mission report. The 'temporarily' cured victims were hooked to an IV whilst Tim found an antidote.

"Master Damian!" Alfred scolded the second his eyes landed on him, "Pennyworth.. I sincerely apologize I wasn't in my right frame of mind" he quickly spoke hoping the butler would feel sorry enough to let him off the hook this once.

"Alfie I yelled at him on the way here, the nerve of this boy" she tutted at Damian disapprovingly like father like son. She made sure she taught Bruce a proper lesson when he punched Alfred at the summit.

"I can't believe they just left us to die.." Vivian shivered from her bed. "They don't even know you, i can't believe they left their own family to die" Bart shook his head taking another bite from the sandwiches Alfred made for him.

Amara smiled relieved to be back in familiar territory. She may have lived at the base for majority of her life but it was in no way her home at least not anymore.

"They made us climb a mountain as toddlers we got caught in a rock slide and broke some limbs they're not really all that concerned about our welfare" Evan muttered.

"I'm sorry backstabbing McGoober face you are not one to talk considering you killed my Godmother!" Bart yelled at the blonde tired of him trying to relate to them. It definitely wasn't because he was his crushes ex, cause that would be so shallow right?

"Do you want me to punch you?" Evan asked him sitting up. "This isn't your territory blondie, you'll have everyone in this room after you within seconds" Tim told him standing beside the cot holding the mystery baby still slightly angry at the boy for eating his snacks.

"I just want to meet my mom and then you'll never have to see me again" he told them. "Unless you want to" he turned to Mara who shook her head. "Trust me I don't". She barely caught the smug look Bart was giving him before she turned to Tim trying to help him with the antidote.

"I'm putting a chip in you" Barbara held up the small microchip. "You're not serious?" Amara looked at the others for help, "I'm as serious as a heart attack" she told her.

Tim cried feeling bad about the old dead guy he left behind. "Barbara you said you wouldn't bring it up!"