Chapter 74

Amara groaned from the hospital bed, she refused to open her eyes cursing herself for ending up back here. She whined when her blanket was pulled from over her head.

"Rise and shine" April grinned smiling at her, "you're really turning into a frequent flier" she told her looking at her chart.

"It's not by choice" she muttered sitting up. Soon after April had left and she was left alone with her thoughts, how did she keep getting herself in these kinds of situations.

A few minutes later the doctor came in and explained that he thought the stress of the kidnapping triggered the shock induced state, amara nodded along knowing quite well that it wasn't that but nonetheless smiled saying she felt better.

She pulled her knees to her chest mentally vowing to not come back to the hospital for at least a year.

"Damian was right god!" She groaned hating to admit it.

"Mari I gotta say... you really have a talent of getting out of conversations" Jason smirked from the door way. "It wasn't on purpose" she shook her head watching Evan come after him.

"Vanny?" She looked at him, "hey I just wanted to know if you were okay" he looked awkward as if not knowing what to do. As hard as she tried to maintain her anger towards him for betraying her she ultimately failed knowing he was trying his best for redemption. How long could she possibly have been mad for? She was still alive and she could go on knowing she'd stay alive so that was something. Just as he moved to sit beside her the door slammed open.

Amaras eyes flew open as she shot up, she was in her bedroom at the Titans tower with a drip in her arm. Her eyes stared at Bart who looked sheepish as she slowly realized it was all a dream.

She rubbed her head pushing away the memories of what had happened months ago to the back of her mind.

"She's alive!" He cheered rushing beside her, Amara looked at him confused her mind trying to remember how she got there. "What the hell?" She slapped him away and carefully took out the drip.

She stretched her muscles her back feeling as if she hadn't walked in days. "How you feeling?"

"I'm fine what happened?"

"Memory loss? You must've hit your head on the way down" another voice spoke up from the door. "Jonny!" Amara smiled rushing to hug the boy, since his mothers death the two had become inseparable.

"I'm sorry I tried to catch you" he looked guilty and Amara was still unable to wrap her head around what happened.

"So I fell?"

"Like 30ft" Bart grinned "it was so crash! Everyone went running and Damian you should have seen his face when we told him!" He grimaced shuddering as if reliving the deadly stare Damian gave the team, Jon could barely hold him back.

Amara felt a small bandage wrapped around her head, she pulled it off ignoring the complaints of the two boys who looked shocked that there wasn't so much as a scar remaining underneath.

"That's new" Bart muttered, "so is the memory loss" Amara muttered having literally been killed before yet somehow she managed to forget how she fell 30ft.

"Where is Damian?" Amara questioned trying to get the feeling back in her toes. "He's with Hibah" jon told her, "gar and the girls made a mini nursery for her in one of the spare rooms".

Amara wasted no time standing up and heading out the door pausing before turning to Jon "three doors down on your left!" He called out.