Chapter 29

Amara was sat at her desk glaring at the piece of paper in front of her. "What is that supposed to be?" She tried turning it in hopes of finding any resemblance in between the random splotches of paint.

"Why don't you just be nice to me? Do me a favor and just look like something! Anything!" She scribbled onto the paper, the assignment was to make something that speaks to you — it was a little too deep for Amara to comprehend, that and her lack of art skills left her cursing at the coloured pencils.

"I know you have an amazing relationship with my boyfriend and if he knew the trouble you were putting me through I doubt he'd be too happy about that" she mumbled to the paints as if they could hear her, she turned around just in time to catch Damian trying to scare her.

"Pathetic, I heard you from the second your feet touched the balcony" she smirked standing up and accepting his warm embrace, sighing into his arms she allowed herself to relax— a plan already forming in her head about how she would trick Damian into doing her assignment for her.

"I missed you" their lips instantly locked together. Damian's fingers dug through her hair as her grip tightened on his shirt. The two accidentally knocked over a lamp when Damian pushed her onto the bed, hands instantly reached up to the others mouths silencing them immediately.

"Amara is everything alright?" She heard her dad yell from his office a couple of doors down. "Yeah I'm just doing my assignment!" She yelled back as Damian quietly started to kiss her neck. "I'm your assignment?" She could feel him smirk against her his lips starting to trail against her jaw.

"Just don't make too much of a mess" Jim called out and Amaras mind went back to the last incident that lead to her scrubbing paint off her walls, she really need to control her artistic frustration.

"I don't make messes" she grumbled to herself "you sure about that?" Amaras eyes widened at his insinuation smacking his arms, she smiled when he kissed her cheek.

The two pulled apart laying together for the first time in a couple of days. "Mari I'm sorry-" Amara cut him off with a peck to his lips "I don't want to talk about that right now, let's just enjoy the time we have together"

His lips began to trail down her neck, "getting eager are we" he let out a chuckle against her skin "I haven't seen you in so long so apologies but I'm going to hold you as long as it takes for me to feel better" Amara paused a smile crept onto her lips pulling his face up to hers "I love you" the two shared a long passionate kiss, their kiss expressing everything they had been feeling since they've been forced apart.

"I love you" Amara grinned sheepishly at him "do you wanna help me with my assignment?" Damian laughed rolling off her to lay beside her "I thought I was your assignment?" She rolled over grabbing a hold of what she called a tragedy.

Damian looked at the paper confused, even with someone with such a high respect for artistic expression he had no clue what the hell it was or what it was supposed to be.

"I-it's great" he stuttered, "Damian honey we talked about you lying to making me feel better" Damian sighed "maybe I'd appreciate it more if I understood what it's supposed to be" he continued.

"I'm not sure, I tried to just you know feel it but I'm apparently feeling like a big blob of colours" Damian sat up and pulled her with her.

"Do something for me okay? Close your eyes" Amara complied her eyes flickering beneath her eye lids. "Is this necessary?" Damian hushed her "trust the process" Damian kissed her quickly "really?"

"You're inexplicably beautiful I can't resist when you're directly in front of me" he moved her head "it's the godly charm" she mumbled and opened her eyes, Damian showed her the colours in front of her "look at the colours, close your eyes and tell me about the first thing that comes to mind"

"Daffy duck" she blurted out, "why?!" He asked desperately, "I don't know you said the first thing and it was the duck!"

"How does a cartoon character who's enemy is a bunny of all things - speak to you?" Amara shrugged a teasing smile on her face "don't act like you don't like tweety" she pointed at him knowingly.

"It's because Sylvester reminds me of Drake and tweety always beats Sylvester it's perfectly normal for me to appreciate him" Amara smiled at him "or maybe it's because even if they fight and argue and one tries to eat the other, they protect eachother and won't let anyone hurt the other" Amara barely noticed the golden glow around her.

"You're doing it again" Damian scolded but he couldn't hide the small smile on his face. "Sorry" she waved her hands around her trying to get rid of the mist that surrounded her.

Recently she'd learnt that intuition and mind reading were one of her powers, she couldn't control them but they popped up when they wanted to.

"Can't you just do this for me?" She asked "well that would be cheating and you're gonna be drowning in regret and guilt later" Amara groaned "damn my morals" she slumped against him smiling when he kissed the crown of her head. "Come with me I wanna  try something" Damian led her up to the roof of the building, Amara breathed in the fresh air that blew along with the gentle breeze.

"When I make something I base it on how I'm feeling, you should try it" Amara leaned her chin on his chest to face him. "You have a binder of pictures full of me — what were you feeling then?" She smirked, "I was thinking how it was possible to love and care for someone as much as I do for you, you're my everything Mari, If i'm sad I think of you and I'll instantly be happy, if I'm happy my first thought is to share it with you, if I'm mad one thought of you can calm me down and if I'm hurt you make me feel safe and loved. I know we no longer have to get married for the sake of the league but I promise that one day when the time is right I will marry you and continue to love you for the rest of our lives and that's a promise" Amara couldn't help the blush and awe that creeped onto her face as he stared lovingly at her.

As per Gotham tradition the weather had to ruin every moment, drops of rain started to pour down on them. Amara stumbled to the ground feeling around "I left an umbrella here somewhere" she told him as the rain began to pour down harder.

"Got it!" She cheered turning to a soaked Damian. "Oh sorry" she quickly went to open the umbrella but paused, she pulled him down by the collar and planted a kiss on his lips. Pulling back she opened up the umbrella giving them both shelter from the now heavy down pour.

Damian still looked dazed from the kiss that all he could do was grin at her, "sorry I wanted to know what that was like" she told him sheepishly. "And?" He smirked grabbing hold of the back of her neck. "It was magical" he leaned down once more pulling her into another passionate kiss.

"How do I turn this into a picture?" She mumbled hiding her face in his chest so he couldn't see how happy and excited his words made her nor the blush on her cheeks.

Damian's watch started to beep, the two sighed. Their couple time was over and Damian had to get home before his father found out.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow?" He asked as he slowly got off the bed, "I'll see you" she walked him to the window holding it open, he quickly pulled her into a kiss.

Slowly pulling apart they muttered sweet 'I love you's before bidding each other 'goodnight'. Amara stayed by the window a few minutes longer watching as his silhouette disappeared into the night.

She turned back to her discarded paper and got to work.