Chapter 54

Amara sighed being woken up incredibly early it was a Sunday morning for the love of god!

It was 7am when her phone started buzzing, her arms swatted at it trying to turn it off she winced when her arm hit her bedside table. Damian shot up instantly, "sorry" she smiled apologetically, it took him a second to register what was happening before he grabbed her phone and grumbled answering it. "Yes?"

"Damian? Where's Amara?"
"She's asleep" he smirked when he saw her shut her eyes pretending to sleep.

"Well tell her that mysterious dude from yesterday is here and is asking for the both of you" this time Amara shot up and the two shared a look. "We'll be there soon" Damian hung up and turned to Amara.

"I need to tell you something but I'm not a hundred percent sure I'm right about this one" he said getting out of the bed. Amara stood up getting a change of clothes from her wardrobe "what is it?"

"I think the mysterious guy is al qaatil" Amara dropped the clothes, "no.. but I thought he.." she paused trying to wrap her head around it.

"I wouldn't have thought it either if I hadn't seen him myself, he called me Ian how many people do we know that I let get away with that?" Amara walked up and held his hand "do you really think it was him?" Hope started to sprout in her chest, after so long they might see him again.

"I hope so"

It didn't take long for the two to make it to the manor, Amara was literally giddy, she had never been so excited to potentially see her old friend again.

Damian on the other hand wasn't keeping his hopes up, it hurt way too much the last time he had seen him and getting excited and giddy like Amara was would feel that much worse if it wasn't him.

"Damian we need to go to the store" Amara told him getting into his car.

"I thought we were in a hurry" Damian asked, "we were but Jay just texted me a video of Tim being a drama queen because his C Levels are low so we have to pick up some on our way there" Damian grumbled having to stay in suspense because of Tim of all people.

Amara and Damian strolled through the grocery store, surprisingly enough Tim was very particular with his coffee he took a blend of the really strong stuff so they had to buy a couple of different types.

Amara left Damian to the glass isle, she looked around and picked up the biggest jar she could find. She grabbed a packet of sugar and met up with Damian.

"What's with the jar?" Damian asked when he noticed her lugging it around.
"For the coffee" Damian didn't bother questioning it and just paid wanting to be as quick as possible.

The second they got outside Amara made him hold the jar as she emptied the packets inside.

She paused holding the sugar "what?"

"I'm trying to figure out the coffee sugar ratio" she poured in a third of the packed before screwing the lid back on the jar and asking Damian to shake it.
When she deemed it blended enough they went and bought a cup of hot water. "Amara I love you but if you spill that in my car.." Damian threatened, the car being the only other thing he loved and cherished.

"Drive steady then" Damian rolled his eyes contemplating whether or not to purposely swerve and have her covered in it all or protect his car from having that constant smell of Tim.

Amara was on her phone looking through the security cameras she put in the cave, whether or not anyone knew they were there was beyond her because no one had questioned them yet, she laughed listening in on their argument, "my ass is not flat!"

"I didn't say it was flat! I said its gotten smaller!"

"No it has not! Barbara does my ass look smaller?!"

"Of course not Tim why would you say that? You know he has a thing about his.." she motioned to dicks above average bottom.

"Hey guys! The prisoners escaped!" Jason casually yelled looking at the huge monitor that displayed the interrogation room surveillance.

Everyone turned to the screen to see the cuffs on the table of an empty room. "I didn't know if you guys wanted me to stay in there or not?" He turned up behind them. "We wouldn't cuff you and put you in there if we didn't" Tim rolled his eyes.

"You're right I'm sorry" he turned around but paused "can I get some tea though? Maybe something to eat?"

"You are our prisoner! Prisoners don't get bed and breakfast" Jason told him, "I came here willingly how am I a prisoner?" He asked, "I uh shut up! Just go back to the room" Tim groaned, "Tim are you good?" Jason raised his hands in surrender when he saw the deadly glare Tim sent him. Barbara followed after him to make sure he stayed.

"Fear no more your savior is here!" Amara handed Tim his coffee, the deprived teen sighing as if reenergizing.

"I love you" Tim smiled at her as he saw the jar "watch it" Damian threatened. "I'll drop this" he feigned dropping the jar.

"No! No I'm sorry" Tim took the jar off him hugging it close to him, "black?"

"Dark roast, gold blend, Nescafé and half a pound of sugar" Amara told him.

"Can we see him?" Damian finally questioned his patience completely running out. He just needed to make sure that it was him.

The two walked up to the two way mirror of the interrogation room. Amara inwardly gasped, "it's him.. that's Vanny!" She grabbed Damian's arm in disbelief her hopes were too high to be disappointed.

"Just because it looks like him doesn't mean it's him, it could be a situation like heretic" he thought out loud as he stared at him through the glass.

"He called you Ian.. he has memories something heretic clearly lacked hence the-" Amara told him pointing a finger gun to her head and making a gun noise, "what if they found a way around it? Someone could have told him, there are a million ways he could have ended up here. He's still apart of the league look at the uniform he is not to be trusted until it's confirmed that it's him". The others nodded "that it's who?"

"An old friend of ours" Amara told them, he had gotten significantly taller, he was a lot more muscular and his hair was now blonde rather than his natural brown. His grey eyes looked darker, colder yet they still held a flicker of light as if not trying to let the darkness in.

Darkness eventually takes over us, it's only a matter of time before it would consume him, swallowing him into the shadows and taking control of his life and his mind. He hoped it wouldn't be too late, this could be their first meeting or their final goodbye to the boy they used to know.