Chapter 51

Much to their protests Amara chose to speak to Bruce alone. The boys obviously wanted to come and watch the potential drama that may persue but she told them she would break their legs if they even attempted to follow her.

Amara found it best to corner Bruce in a way he wouldn't be able to escape and would guarantee his attendance so she did what any logical person would do.

She made an appointment.

Under a false name as a representative of a false organic substance company that found new resources in forests.

"I have an appointment with Mr Wayne at 2:30" she spoke in a British accent, her brown hair hidden under a blonde wig pulled back into a sleek ponytail, wearing a business suit to sell the look. Makeup adorned her face making her look naturally older than she actually was.

"Name please" the receptionist asked "Sofia James".

She watched nervously as the receptionist talked on the phone, "top floor Mr Wayne will join you shortly" Amara nodded making her way to the elevator.

The second she entered the top floor AKA Bruce's office. She was met with a secretary. "Just in here Miss James" she sat in a conference like room, preparing herself and the points she dramatically practiced in her bedroom last night that she was going to make already promising herself not to leave until this was sorted, which meant she had to hurry because the appointment was only half an hour long and Bruce was a busy man.

The door opened bringing her out of her thoughts "sorry to keep you waiting Miss James" Bruce entered, "no problem at all" Amara told him spinning around to face him.

"Amara what are you doing here?" He asked taking a seat, "we needed to talk and the last time I tried that you wouldn't listen but now that you're minds a little clearer I thought I'd try again" she crossed her legs planning to talk as much as she could before he could throw her out.

"I'll cut to the chase, I love your son and I want to be with him, but it won't feel right if you have a problem with it. It won't stop me being with him it would just be awkward on family occasions and I don't want to be the problematic in law so we need to set aside all our beef because Damian's vegetarian." She was second guessing the last bit in her head, it didn't sound as cool as she thought it would.

"You had a problem with my ethicality, I haven't killed in years, I know my limits I know what are threats and what is crossing the line and you have to trust me on that" Bruce remained silent as she stated her reasons.

"You said I was affecting your boys, let's be honest Bruce, your sons aren't exactly saints either, we make mistakes we're human, but you can trust they have a mind of their own and make their own decisions, as for my influence although violent the ways I was taught have proven to be highly effective as you saw from the interrogation it's all for show I wouldn't actually cut his limbs off" Amara's eyes flickered to the clock keeping track of how much longer she could keep him here.

"I totally get the whole mind control thing I saw the machine, really advanced stuff but it was fucking mean, and rude and it hurt when you said those words and kicked me out like I was nothing and undeserving of what I worked so hard to achieve and the fact you haven't once apologized for what happened is inexcusable" she finished after pacing and pointing and yelling she finally sat down waiting for his response.

"You are right" Amaras head snapped up, "sorry?"

"You are right, it was completely unacceptable for me to have treated you like that. Mind control is no excuse, I would like you to return on my volition, you had no reason to be kicked out and you are a valuable asset to the team" he told her and Amara felt uneasy at how quickly he agreed, she was ready to fight him.