Chapter 13

Ever since I felt that surge of energy I've been feeling a weird tingling in my body, and not the good kind. It's like there was something in me but I don't know what and it's definitely changed me because my eyes keep flickering to gold.

I decided to keep my new found discovery a secret until I got better understanding of what it was. I locked myself away in the training room letting out my feelings. My phone buzzed signaling a call.

"Hi dad" I spoke into the phone, it had been just over a year when he finally wore me down from calling him Jim "hi honey, how are you doing?" He asked and I smiled "I'm good, how are you and B?" He chuckled "we're getting by but we miss you though"

I sighed as much as I'd hate to admit it, I miss home "I miss you guys too, I don't know what's so great about this camp you just had to go to?" He grumbled and I faked a laugh at our cover story "Damian's been here before and it sounded fun, you were the ones who said I needed more childhood experiences" I replied gripping at the ends of my hair as I lied through my teeth.

"Speaking of, is the Wayne boy keeping his hands to himself" my cheeks instantly flushed at the insinuation, I mean he's not wrong but I doubt my father would like to know about that "yes dad, he's being a gentlemen" my eyes landed onto Damian who had just entered.

"Speak of the devil and he shall arrive" I laughed and Damian made his way to me, I put the phone on speaker "Commissioner" Damian greeted "Damian" they acknowledged each other. I don't know why they were always so formal with eachother, Damian and I have been together for almost 2 years.

"Okay dad I have to go now but I'll talk to you soon okay bye" I hung up, hugging Damian "what's up?" He pulled away from me "I'm gonna head out, do you want to join me?" He kissed my head.

"I would but I think I'll just stay here and train, the bo staff really brings out my aggression" he nodded kissing my lips before leaving.

Sweat dripped down my face as my song ended, the grip of the staff in my hands as strong as ever. I turned to my phone to change the music until I saw a message from Damian.

Going to tail Terra - Damn...ian

He's going to tail her, wouldn't she be able to sense him? I mean she didn't even have to turn around to know when I had entered the kitchen before she started sprouting insults for me to leave.

Don't do anything stupid....

Love you - Message Sent

I swear if anything happened to him I'll actually lose it. I'll be the next person they have to lock up in Arkham.

I waited all night for a message from Damian, Terra had made it back a couple of hours ago and I began to grow worried. It wasn't unusual for him to return back late, but he would at least text me if he was okay or how long he'd stay out for so I wouldn't be overthinking it as I am now.

The sun was up and Damian was no where to be found, the bags under my eyes were deep from lack of sleep, I went around the whole tower in search of him hoping he came back and I just hadn't noticed.

I tried texting him again
'I threw a wish in the well' and waited for his response, it was one of our codes for us to know it was us, or even of make sure we're okay, it was weird but it made sense to us.

Third person pov
"I threw a wish in the well? Why is she texting you about that? What does that even mean?" He glared at the limp boy being held up by rocks, Damian's glare intensified as he was punched again, spitting the blood out he smirked "don't ask me I'll never tell" little did his captor know the double meaning behind his words.

Back to Amaras pov
All I got back was ?, this raised my suspicions so this may not be Damian, which then begs the question, who has him?

I tried messaging him again 'where are you'

I made my way to Jon, he would know where he was right? "Jon!" I yelled catching up to him "have you seen Damian?" I asked he looked at me confused "no, we were supposed to train together this morning but I couldn't find him" my shoulders slumped.

"He's missing and I can't find him" I whispered so no one else would know "what do you mean missing?" I sighed pulling him to the side "he went after Terra last night and I haven't heard from him since, she's came back acting way too casual I feel like she may have done something to him" I told him, I swear to everything I know, if she hurt him then I will kill her myself.

"Okay calm down I'll text him" he pulled out his phone to message him instantly getting a reply back.

"He's... 'flying solo'? Why?" My eyebrows pulled together in confusion, "he'll be back soon, it's Damian he'll show up sooner or later" he gave me a side hug walking away.

"He can kiss my ass" I muttered to myself texting Damian again

where the hell are you? And none of this 'flying solo' shit I'm worried!
Message Sent

A couple minutes my phone buzzed with a reply
Sorry to do this by text but it's over between us - Damn...ian

I scoffed texting him back
Hello imposter who has Damian's phone, if you want to impersonate someone try sounding like them!

Something's seriously has happened and I'm going to get to the bottom of it, I sighed when my phone began ringing again "Now is not the time!" I yelled not bothering to look at the caller Id before I hung up.

I ran my fingers through my hair for the umpteenth time, I made my way around the tower until I spotted the familiar blonde hair I turned her around grabbing her by the neck and pulling her against the wall. "Where is he? What did you do with him?" I growled out I could feel my eyes begin to flicker.

"I don't know what you're talking about" she gasped out a sinister smile on her face "don't lie to me" I slammed her into the wall again "I swear if you hurt him I'm gonna kill you" I seethed watching her face start to turn blue.
"Mari! No! Stop!" Jon began to try and pull me away but my hands were firm against her throat as she chocked.

"Damian wouldn't want you to do this, you've worked hard come on don't ruin it now!" He pleaded as I finally released her, she fell to he ground coughing to get air back into her lungs.

I stormed out of there, "hey where are you going?" Garfield asked carrying some decorations "out I'll be back soon" I replied shortly walking past him "what about Terra's party?" I had to stop myself from going back there to finish the job.

"Family emergency sorry" I quickly sped past him and luckily he dropped it. "If he think I'm going to help set up a party for that 2 faced witch after what she did to Damian then he has another thing coming" I made my way through Damian's patrol route trying to see if anything looked out of place.

I grew frustrated with each passing minute, the longer he's missing the more hurt he could be and the closer I am to losing him again.

"Okay breathe, relax, level your head and an answer will come to you" I remember my mothers words for when I over did it.

My eyes flickered gold again and I suddenly saw this gold tether drawing me in a direction, I followed after it the pull becoming stronger until I landed onto a rooftop, Damian's sword laid there, the pull finally stopped as I picked up the emerald sword.

"Damian would never leave this behind it means too much to him" I looked around trying to find something, anything there was a cluster of rocks in a huge pile and my mind instantly went to Terra.

"At least cover your tracks up! Come on! How is she even on the team?" I grumbled to myself. "Unless she wanted me to find it, she's trying to bait me out, god!" I groaned my phone started to ring again.

This time I decided to answer "what?! What do you fucking want?!" I yelled my hand rushing to my mouth, I never swore.

"I think I have something you've lost" the familiar voice spoke through the line and my heart stopped, my hands ran through my hair as I began to pace "Uncle Slade...?"