Chapter 24

After much bickering over what happened, no one had a clear story of what went down, Amara had told them it was all in self defense and that Stephanie had protected her whilst Damian stopped it from escalating further. The twins however were adamant on claiming they were targeted and hurt based off jealously and threats.

Just then Tim burst through the door followed by Bruce and the Comissioner. "Thank god the police" Mrs Marquis prayed as she turned to Jim "arrest this girl she attacked my children" she demanded but Jim ignored her turning to his daughter.

"You alright sweetheart?" he quickly checked her face for any injuries, "I'm fine dad" she contained her smirk watching the shocked faces of the Marquis family.

Now that they had arrived, Barbara and Dick were asked to leave the room. "What's going on here?" Jim asked as he watched his daughter get glared at, "It was self defense" Amara muttered out.

"Defense? Why are you defending yourself? What happened?" Amara rolled her eyes at his protectiveness, "She got angry and shoved me, I gave her a chance to apologize and walk away but she hit me first therefore anything after that would be considered self defense on my part" Jim turned to the headmaster "there you have it"

Mrs Marquis shook her head, "she doesn't even have an injuries, look at my children all bruised up" Amara shrugged, "I got hurt I'm just not being a baby about it" Damian turned to Amara "you didn't tell me you were hurt" she waved him off.

"It's not that bad, probably a bruised rib from being slammed into the locked but I should be fine in a couple days" Damian sent her a look and she sighed lifting her shirt ever so slightly to show a deep purple bruise at the bottom of her ribs just about covered by her skirt.

"That looks a lot worse than you say it is" Damian glared at her, he hated when she downplayed injuries. He gently touched it but didn't miss the way she had subtly flinched at the touch.

Jim cleared his throat motioning to Amara to pull her shirt down and for Damian to stop touching his daughter.

"Do you not have cameras? Something that may have recorded the incident" Bruce asked, and Amara pointed at him, "Tim was, he was recording" they quickly beckoned the teen into the office, ignoring the wary looks the twins were sending each other.

"Why were you recording my daughter?" Mrs Marquis glared at Tim. "I was actually recording Amara, she doesn't really mingle and I was going to show her sister that she could talk to people" he explained trying to not make it sound like he was a creep.

"Why did you not intervene when you saw it escalate?" Bruce asked, "well if I did that then we wouldn't have evidence that it wasn't her fault now would we? Steph intervened but you know how she does it" he winked at his girlfriend who grinned in return.

"Are we done here?" Bruce asked tiredly, "we have to put this behind us so suspensions for Leia and Lance will be for 2 weeks, Amara unfortunately you are also suspended for 2 days for fighting" sputters of protests went around the room.

"What? Did you just want her to get beat up? She defended herself!" Jim complained annoyed that his daughter was being punished for something where for once she hadn't done anything wrong.

"You may leave now, Commissioner if you have further questions you may stay behind" one by one they left the room, Amara sat outside as she waited for her father.

As soon as he stepped out the office she turned to him "you're not suspended, she just said that so that other parent wouldn't complain" Amara frowned, "dang it" Jim pulled her up.

"So how was your first day?" He asked as the group of them collectively walked out, "you couldn't have let me get suspended could you?"

"I'm just relieved you didn't run away when you had the chance" he shrugged ignoring her previous statement.