Chapter 75

6 years later...

"Bollocks..."

"And that's the last of the Glen Luffa". John sighed holding up two bottles "the glens are full of whiskey, I mean lots of whiskey." He popped open the bottle taking a long sip until it emptied.

"The H's are gonna be a breeze after the G's. Too many bloody glens" he turned to his side shouting out "you hear that? Still cryin' in your beer, eh? Eat your heart out" Jason lazily held up his middle finger to the British man.

The door creaked as it opened raven stepped forward her eyes sunken in her purple eyes not as bright, her hood no longer shadowing her face.

"We need him" Clark looked at her.

"We're doomed" she replied.

"John Constantine, Jason Todd I'm glad we found you" Clark began "find your own pub, we're drinking our way through this one, in fact the whole streets our, pub-wise so sod off" John told them pointing to the exit.

"John it's me" Clark told him taking his hood off to reveal his glowing kryptonite eyes and grey streaks. Unaware of Jason's grip getting tighter on the beer bottle.

"Clark Kent you knew me as Superman" Johns eyes bulged out in shock before he stumbled over to Clark, the older man grabbing him before he could fall. He began to feel his face in his drunken gaze. "Oh it is you, I thought you'd snuffed it." He admired before landing a hard punch to his face groaning in pain as he held his hand.

Jason smashed the end of the beer bottle lunging forward trying to cut Clark with it. "You bastard! This is all your fault!" Clark managed to throw him back as John moved forward.

"Oh bloody hell now you've done it" he moved to hit him again but before he could raven stepped forward kicking him back. Clark once again stepped forward "Guys wait! We're not here to fight." Just as he said that growls could be heard as the parademons broke through the boarded bar windows.

"You come to the wrong place then" John muttered.

"Azarath metrion aah stop!" Raven began before groaning in pain and being knocked down. She held her head beginning to yell "stop it!" The whispers in her mind only getting louder by the second. "And they call me mentally unstable" Jason rolled his eyes.

Clark grabbed a chair beginning to fend them off.  John got pushed back landing beside Raven. Jason ran behind the bar getting his guns out trying to shoot the fuckers down.

"Quit playing around Boy Scout smash 'em" he yelled from the floor.

"I can't" Clark yelled back using the bar stool to keep the demons back. They tore through his shirt revealing a green symbol on his chest.

"Bloody useless, both of you" John grumbled standing up and speaking incantations blowing up the head of one of he demons. He ran forward only to be thrown back across the bar table.

"Hi there sweetheart" Jason grinned sarcastically tossing the empty case behind him. "A little help would be nice" John told their green friend who hadn't bothered as to so much as lift their head. Finishing his beer he finally turned to the demon in his face opening his mouth and releasing a wave of lava like fire melting his head off his body. Jason ducked down next to John his eyes wide he loved seeing Etrigan do his thing.

"Bloody nuisance" he muttered putting his head back down.

"Last call asshole" within seconds the demon turned to coal as John stood up "and I'm sober again". "Magic can be such a bitch". The wind blew away the demons ashes.

Jason was stood next to Clark who held raven. "Gift from Darkseid?" Clark covered his chest "liquid kryptonite to keep me from ever being a threat".

"So he let you live to wander about demoralizing everyone, impressive" John stated as Jason giggled "imagine spending the rest of your life powerless knowing you did this!"

"Aah stop it please" Raven pleaded quietly. "She gets like this sometimes" Clark told John who held up his hand over her jewel that contained her father.

"I will exact revenge on you daughter.." the distant voice of trigon could be heard. "Ungrateful spawn of mine!"

"Why does he sound like my dad?" Jason grumbled still drunk. "That's what she hears all the time" Clark said as if just realizing "no wonder she's always in pain and her healing powers don't work". John turned away from the two.

"John where are you going? We have-"

"A plan to save the world right?" John finished for him, "and this time it will definitely work, bugger off Clarkie" John told him as Clark to Jason "Jason please"

"I'm with johnstantine" he held up his hands in surrender.

"I told you he was a waste of time, all cowards are" Raven told Clark turning to Jason "Tim would be disappointed to see you like this" john quickly turned around "I didn't lead us all into a massacre you did and as far as jay goes leave him alone! He's grieving"

"Zatanna was a hero who fought bravely. But where were you when she needed you most?"

"You wanna know where I was, I stayed to fight and you know what happened it went to shit it all went to shit, Timmy's gone, Alfie's gone, Dick.. we should've ran when we had the chance" Jason spat out.

"Now piss off the both of you" John told them helping Jason up. Clark grabbed his shoulder "Zatanna would want you to hear us out. Tim would've helped us".

"Below the belt, Boy Scout" he paused for a sec, "more parademons will be by, come with if you want. Or not. What about you Etrigan?" The demon only groaned standing up "whatever".

John moved to grab Jason "come on big guy" he pulled Jason's arm around his shoulder helping him stand up.

The five of them walked into gear room behind Big Ben.

"Love what you've done with the place"

"What better metaphor for merry old England today?"

"Drink? You can use the good glasses" he offered grabbing Jason's hand to stop him. "How bout you sober up before you start the next bender eh?" Jason grumbled sitting in the chair beside him. Etrigan grabbed a bottle and sat in the corner "been all mopey ever since a friend of his died doesn't even rhyme anymore."

Clark and raven began to explain what had went wrong, Jason covered his ears not wanting to remember.

"Does it hurt?" He asked as Clark stared at him "good". "Even without powers Clark is still fighting you couldn't be bothered to do it once."

Jason tuned out Johns explanation on leaving Zatanna to die, he couldn't blame him, the guilt had ate him alive when they first found each other.

"What do you need me for anyway? The magic you have left works just as good as mine" he turned his back on them.

"We just need a locator spell" Clark told him. "Who you finding?" Jason asked him finally listening only to her ignored.

"A locator spell? And try en you'll fiddle off will ya? Fine" John reached out his hand as Clark did to shake it but instead just grabbed his cigs from behind him.

"I need some gear, so sit tight. Etrigan, continue loafing, jay I'm warning ya if you're gonna puke there's the bin. I don't have time to clean up after you"

John finally came back after a couple of minutes, "let's get you on your way then" he held up a globe and a pin. "Who am I finding?" He asked.

"Damian Wayne and Amara Gordon" John looked at them annoyed, "you came all this way convinced me to help ya when all you could've done was ask his fucking brother!"

"Where's Damian?" Clark asked Jason who raised his finger at them "suck my balls Kent!" The two turned to Constantine as if to prove their point.

"What do you what with the baby bat and his mrs anyway?" John asked them, "why do you care?" Was all she replied. "Cheers then" the globe raised as he began incantations.

"I'll let 'em know your coming" Jason groaned sitting up and typing on his watch. The pin landed on the globe "okay since I don't have a stocked magical pantry anymore, I have to conjure a portal from scratch big enough for all of us, 10 hours five or take and everyone has to stay still while I do it."

"Oh for fuck's sake. Azarath metrion zinthos!"