Chapter 44

Apparently it was the end of the fucking world.

Bruce Wayne had gone missing which personally I was like who cares? But apparently his 10 billion children seemed slightly concerned I mean I would too, bank of dad was my primary source of income too.

Nonetheless I was called to help, I think they may be thinking I have something to do with it but how can one get away with kidnapping Batman?
Just to answer the question, no it wasn't me! But.. I'm not too upset about it either, he needed to be knocked down a couple of pegs.

Driving into the bat cave I tried to control my face to hide how amusing this is. Being asked back to the same place I was told I was no longer welcome to find the asshole who kicked me out in the first place, wait why am I here?

Timmy asked me to, and I'm having trouble saying no to him. I said trouble,  I shot him down the second he asked but then Jason asked me too, and then Barbara straight up said I had too so here I am.

I got off my bike and ended up face to face with the one person I was hoping to avoid. "Alfred hey" I muttered sheepishly.

"No call? No text? Not even so much as a hello or how do you do over the last month!" He questioned her in his shouting in a calm voice snark.

"I'm so sorry, I wanted to but I couldn't because then I'd have to explain why and that itself is an entire rabbit hole, I'm sorry please forgive me Alfred" the butler stayed quiet only nodding in response. "Pull something like that again and I'll do a lot worse than just question you Miss Amara" Amara nodded learning her lesson as Alfred pulled her into a hug.

"I've been terribly worried about you" she admired Alfred's love and care for everyone despite the issues between her and his masters. "I missed you too"

Alfred led Amara to the bat computer where everyone was surrounded. And when I say everyone I mean the heir to the company, the rebel, the favorite, and my least favorite the asshole.

"Hey guys" Amara called out taking a seat, "what is she doing here?" Damian was the first to comment. Amara scoffed not even bothering to entertain him with a response.

"She is here to help" Tim answered sticking up for Amara, "it hasn't even been a week and you're already breaking fathers rules, for all we know she could have had something to do with his disappearance" Amara rolled her eyes pulling her legs up onto the chair she found.

"Oh yes, all the other non bats and I have banded together to pull off kidnapping daddy bats, you know typical Wednesday night" she told them sarcastically.

"Amara.." Barbara warned at the same time Dick said "that's enough Damian"

"I didn't ask to be here, I was begged and forced to help you find your stupid dad. So the least you could do is suck it up and be professional, the quicker we find him the quicker we go our separate ways" Damian narrowed his eyes at her, Amara glared at him something entirely uncommon for the two and those surrounding them.

After that little scene, Alfred decided it was best for everyone to eat before they started their search. Everyone was sat at the long dining table clad in their suits, a long line of chairs leading up to an empty one.

Amara was sat opposite Damian and between Tim and Barbara seemingly the only two capable of calming her down.

Amara took a fork twirling it around her pasta before taking a bite. "Delicious as always Alfred" Amara smiled at him. Barely catching Damian mimicking her, "what are you a child?" She rolled her eyes at his behavior.

"I didn't say anything" he smirked, Amara breathed through her nose "I thought you said he was all depressed, he seems perfectly fine to me" she asked turning towards Dick who froze at the deadly glare Damian was sending him.