Chapter 50

Amara dropped her keys entering her apartment after they cleaned up and got checked out, she had Alfred drop her home after losing her bus money to Tim. She really lost her faith in dick after that, I mean Bruce was mentally tortured and basically looked half dead the day before yet he still managed to get the upper hand she suspected foul play on Thalias part probably gave him steroids or something but it's over now so there's no need to bring it up.

"Dad? I'm home" the sound of footsteps sounded, her eyes met the familiar blue ones of her father. She rushed into his arms, "sweetheart I don't know what happened I'm so sorry" he apologized stroking her hair.

"I was told it was some sort of mind control, but it's over now once the programming is broken it can't be reset, not yours or any bodies, you're okay now" she explained the story she had practiced the way here.

"Where have you been?" Jim asked her "I stayed with Barbara for the night" she paused "I need to ask a favor and it's really important"

At Wayne Manor...
Amara walked up the steps onto the grass admiring the freshly cut shrubbery. She spotted Bruce leaving Damian, the two made eye contact as Bruce walked passed her silently.

Amara walked up to Damian taking a seat beside him. "I'm sorry for your loss" she tried to console him, even though he wasn't crying or showed any emotion to it.

"She was a monster"

"Monster or not she was still your mother, she cared deep deep down and it's okay to feel sad that she's gone" Amara grabbed his hand and the way he squeezed back she knew he was hurting.

"Can you stay?" Amara nodded "of course I will".

The two sat there in silence, Damian grieved and Amara silently prayed she was being reformed in hell.

"I broke up with Leia" Amara looked at Damian confused, "we don't have to do this right now" Amara assured him.

"Please I need to talk about this" her mind travelled back to Nani's words 'let him speak and don't interrupt, let him say his piece, and if it still doesn't click then drop him like I dropped my husband'. She nodded for him to continue secretly hoping she wouldn't have to drop him.

"it was mother, she made father turn against you, and she one by one convinced us to do the same. She told father to make me break up with you and I was weak enough to fall for the trap, I'm so sorry Habibiti I left you when you stood by me and I wasn't there when you needed me" Damian's eyes turned glossy as Amara sat there deep in thought.

"Thalia never liked the thought of us, she told me it should have been her up there besides grandfather not me" Amara stared at the grass. "You deserved to be there beside him, you are the best warrior I have ever met" Amara smiled at his words.

"I missed you Dami" Damian smiled "I missed you too Amara" Amara shook her head "it doesn't feel right hearing you call me that".

"I've always loved you.. Mari and I will continue to do so for the rest of our lives" Damian's hand reached up pushing hair behind her ear. "And I will always love you, til the end of time, but.." she paused sighing.

"You have to understand that I cannot forgive so easily, you of all people had managed to get manipulated resulting in the end of our relationship, I'm not saying I'm not at fault it was both of us and it's going to take time for us to get back to what we were" she told him pushing him back when he went in for a kiss. "I think we should start slow" she kissed his cheek. "Also drop me again and I'll make sure you regret it" she threatened, the audacity of this boy.

"Will you  at least accept this back?" He pulled out a box containing the necklace she threw at him the day he came for his stuff. "The necklace?" She sighed holding it. "When you took it off I broke our promise to be together forever I'd lost all hope" Damian took the necklace from her hands "how about a new promise? No matter what we face we don't turn our backs on each other" Amara nodded allowing him to place the necklace back on her neck in its rightful place.

"FUCKING FINALLY" the two pulled away startled by the sudden shout. "Ow fuck!" Jay whined coming out of the shrubbery with Tim. "You ruined the moment!" Tim hissed. "It took forever just to get this one!" Dick groaned.

"Why are you spying on us?" Amara questioned them placing an arm over Damian to stop him from charging at them.

"We came to say sorry but you were having your moment so we were gonna wait but someone doesn't know how to keep their mouth shut" they glared at Jason.

"I'm not sorry, you hurt her again I will personally kill you. She cried in my arms that shit broke my ice cold heart" he pointed at Damian.

"Mari I stood with you but these guys are here to apologize" Jason told them pointing at Dick and Tim.

"Well I stuck with you too so it's actually just Dick" dick glared at the two, "I'm so sorry Mari I should have been there and-" Amara held a hand up "I forgive you, I've heard this apology like 3 times already so just save your breath and say you owe me one" Amara smiled, she hated owing people but when people owed her she felt like she had all the power in the world. "Also dick you owe me 20 bucks" she held her hand out and dick looked at her confused "I do?" Amara nodded "Prideful damage, cost of snacks, and the emotional damage of Tim doing a victory dance because I lost the bet" she listed her prices. "What do I have to do with that?"

"She betted on you and lost" Tim smirked the money feeling really good in his pocket. Dick sighed handing her 20$.

"Now I'll forgive you after you say one thing for me" Amara smirked "and what's that?" Dick questioned.

"I was wrong and you were right Amara" protests sounded from them. "Didn't I say something was wrong with Bruce? And wasn't it me who linked it to Thalia? Tim you had my help figuring out the machine that caused all this, so go ahead" Amara listed off.

"I was wrong and you were right Mari" Damian immediately agreed. "Whipped" Jason muttered sighing "I was fucking wrong and you were fucking right Amara".

"I was right and yeah that's it I was right.." Tim shrugged. "I called you so your win.. is basically my win" he justified and Amara rolled her eyes.

"Now that this is all sorted I think it's time we tackle the bear or should I say bat?"