Chapter 41

Amara woke on Saturday morning feeling like she had a new lease on life. She was completely pumped to get herself back on track and back to who she was before but a new and improved version not one who constantly relied on her best friend - ex best friend.

She met Vivian and Jason at the mall, "what are we doing here?" She asked "look has everything to do with it, you need to look like the old you for you to feel the old you vibes" Amara looked at her confused turning to Jason for help. "I don't know I'm just here for her to spend my money" he raised his hands in surrender.

"You're not buying anything for me" Amara told him "we're buying stuff for our best friend so she can feel like herself again, non negotiable now come on" the trio entered the mall.

Jason tried to act like he hated every second of it but after an hour he started to add little comments about each article of clothing they picked up until he started to have them try on complete outfits he could give his whole opinion on.

"Cute but you could do better" he was now relaxed on a comfy sofa as he waited for each of them to come out.

Vivian walked out in a mid thigh dress that had a corset top. "Do you like it? Cause I'm not sure about the corset I've never really worn them" Jason became speechless as he stared at her.

"You look beautiful in everything but you look especially hot in this" Vivian blushed at his words and came to sit beside him "oh yeah?" She wrapped her arms around him "ahem" Amara called out interrupting their moment.

"I think this is me" Amara stared at herself in the mirror "does it feel like you?" Vivian asked "not yet"

"I think I know what may help" Jason smirked. "Are you gonna tell us?"

"Oh yeah sorry"

A couple hours later when it finally became dark out, Redhood and jester met up in a warehouse.

"Do you think she's coming?" Jester asked nervously pacing, Redhood who was polishing one of his guns looked at her "she's coming out of sabbatical, she hasn't been on the streets for months. Knowing her she's going to doubt herself and then eventually do it".

An hour later Amara still hadn't shown up yet, "oh she just texted... she's not coming great" Vivian shook her head.

Not long after they went to shut down a drug deal, taking guys down one by one they ended up cornered and bombarded by a swarm of henchmen leading to them getting captured.

"Call Batman" jester whispered tied up with Redhood. "Im not calling Batman" he whispered back, "call wing, red robin, carrot hair anyone! These are black masks men they almost killed you last time and I'm not gonna risk it happening again" she told him.

Just as he set off his tracker, two henchmen entered the room armed with a gun, "we can do this the easy way or the hard way" he spoke grabbing jesters throat.

"The joker is gonna pay a ton of money for you... and boss'll be happy when we give you to him" he paused turning to Redhood. "-he's been waiting for a second chance to put an end to you and reclaim his title. With me being the one who brings you I'll be untouchable" he laughed maniacally holding a gun to Jason's head tauntingly.

"Yeah I don't think so" he didn't even get a chance to turn around as Amara pinched his neck rendering him unconscious.

"Siren?!"

"Guess who's back bitches" she giggled untying them. "How did you get here so fast?" Jason asked her.

"I got the find my friends app on my phone, you both really like partying and I'm usually the one who picks you up" Vivian rubbed her wrists "does it hurt?" Jason asked her in concern "no it just makes me look cool" she responded.

"Enough of that let's go" together the three made it through the base, "did you take them all down?" Jester asked "just whoever I saw" siren shrugged staying on high alert.

They stopped at a door "I hear voices maybe 2-3 guys" jester told them. "You wanna?" Jason asked motioning to the door "it'll be my pleasure" Amara ran to the door knocking it down.

"Oh shit I'm so sorry" Amara covered her eyes turning around. "A bathroom? Seriously?!" She apologized before running out. "Cover yourselves their are women here" Jason yelled at the men before shooting at them.

Distantly they heard a window smashing with grunting noises. The three found their way to the fight, Nightwing and Red Robin were fighting off the bad guys.

"Siren?!"

"Hey guys" she smiled at them sending a punch to her opponents jaw.

Fighting together now they took each one down one by one, but with each one going down it seemed more just kept coming out of no where.

"Siren I think it's time you sing us a song" Red Robin told her as he hit another goon with his staff.

Amara was flipping left and right trying to scratch the itch she had contained for the last couple of months from not releasing her anger.

"I'm blanking I don't know what to sing" they were backed into a corner now, "anything" jester yelled.

The guns cocked at them when she finally belt out.

"I'm a gummy bear yes I'm a gummy bear I'm a yummy tummy funny lucky gummy bear" the three face palmed at the brunette who just shrugged "it worked didn't it" she grumbled embarrassed slightly at her choice of music.

The purple hue engulfed them "sleepy time" she whispered and watched as they all obeyed her, slowly laying to the grown and before long quiet snores could be heard across the room.

"That's how that's done" Amara smirked.