Chapter 26

Damian's heart almost stopped when he heard Amara was in the hospital. The worst thoughts were running through his head on why she was there and if she was okay. Over whelming guilt washed over him, 'if I had stopped her this wouldn't have happened' he kept thinking to himself.

As soon as he made it to the hospital he found the red headed family sitting nervously on the waiting chairs. "Where is she? Is she okay?" He asked frantically. "She's in surgery her rib was worse than we thought and it's punctured her lung" Barbara told him, her leg was shaking with anxiety and worry for her little sister.

"Where's Nadia?" Damian asked taking the seat beside her "she's on her way back from Nanda Parbat" with Thalia missing Nadia was chosen to be the temporary leader of the league until Damian had become of age. A topic everyone was openly ignoring for the time being.

An hour later and Amara had not yet come out of surgery, they were administering tubes to her chest to release the pressure that had built up from the puncture.

Damian felt a buzz against his leg, "hello?" He answered, "damian where are you?" Bruce's voice was loud over the line "Amara-" Bruce cut him off "get home now!" He growled over the phone, Damian had no clue what had come over his father to make him act like this all of a sudden "but father-" Bruce cut him off once again "now Damian" before he hung up.

"Damian you should go" Barbara told him "no I-" Barbara smiled sadly at him "it's going to be a couple hours until she gets out, I'll let you know as soon as she is" she assured him before forcing him to leave.

Damian dejectedly walked out the hospital "I should've known she was hurt, I'm usually so perceptive of her when she tries to hide things, how did I not see this?" His eyes met the sleek black limo waiting for him outside and set off home.

A couple hours later..

Amara laid peacefully asleep, a tube inserted in her chest connected to a catheter that drained any fluid that were in her lung as it tried to heal itself.

She woke up groaning from the pain, rubbing her eyes she let out a long wheeze as she tried to sit up. "That didn't hurt at all" she mumbled to herself sarcastically.

She cursed at herself as she finally got to her feet. She stumbled a couple of steps before she managed to get her rhythm back again and removed the oxygen mask from her face.

Grunting as she opened her window in order to get rid of the hospital stench and to have some fresh air come in. Picking up her catheter box she trudged her way to the bathroom.

About 5 minutes later Barbara walked in to see the bed empty and the wind blowing at the curtains.

"Amara?" She searched the hospital room rushing towards the window in hopes of finding her. "You can't stand the stench either?" A voice spoke up behind her causing her to jump.

"Oh thank god" she pulled the younger girl into a hug, "I appreciate the concern but I'm in excruciating pain right now" Barbara quickly pulled back apologizing repeatedly before she began to baby her.

"Get back into bed! Are you hungry? Are you okay?" Forcing Amara back into bed she filled her a glass of water making her drink the whole amount.

"How are you feeling?" She brushed her hair back "sore but that's a given" she smiled pausing for a second "is he here?" She asked hopeful, "he was but he had to go, Bruce called-" Amara cut her off "and he listened yeah it's cool" she shrugged but stopped realizing how painful that was.

"You don't need him okay? Just focus on getting better" she stepped out of the room to grab them some food giving enough time for her dad to slip in.

"Hi sweetheart" he smiled at his bedridden daughter. "Hi dad are you doing okay?" She pulled the chair closer to the bed allowing him to sit down. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" He chuckled his eyes wrinkled with age.