Chapter 47

The three of them hobbled through the hallway moving as fast they could with the building literally falling down on them.

"You can't have any more cookies Bruce" Amara groaned as they tried to pull him faster, her eyes made contact with Dick who ran over to help carry his weight.

"Where are the others?" Amara asked.

"Fighting nuns" Amara shook her head "Good thing I'm not catholic" she groaned when a rock fell on her head, "that didn't hurt".

As soon as we made it out side I could see a flying figure in an armored suit fighting against firefly.

The ground was shaking and crumbling beneath us, as we stumbled to get Bruce to safety. Tim and Jason were a couple feet away taking down the army of nuns.

The ground beneath us broke as we made our exit, Damian managed to grab a hold of his grappling hook as he desperately held onto Bruce and I. I could hear him struggle trying to carry both our weight with one arm.

The rocks crumbled even more and I could feel his grip loosening on my hand, "don't you dare let me go!" I yelled. Dick was pulling us up by the grappling wire, My hand eventually slipped from Damian's as I free fell off the cliff, seconds later the ground collapsed and Dick, Damian and Bruce joined me.

Mid air I was caught by the masked flying figure, he caught the others before flying us up towards batwoman.

"Thanks for saving our butts back there Luke" Dick thanked him as we huddled together.

Damian stayed a couple feet away from Amara who's wouldn't stop glaring at him. "I'm sorry okay!" He blurted out, "you dropped me off a cliff! I could have died!" Amara hissed through her teeth.

"We can handle this on our own, Nightwing, robin, siren, back to Gotham" Bruce stated before beginning to walk away. Barbara handed Amara the elixir the second she entered the cave, Amara sighed feeling her body instantly heal itself. She frowned looking at the bottle, she'd have to be more careful with the jar only half full - she'd have to save it for the more dire cases, like life or death.

Back at the cave, we all sat there and watched as Bruce lifted weights. I sat beside Tim and rolled my eyes as I whined about the audacity of his brother and why he still wonders why we broke up.

"Enough! I didn't mean to let you go!"

"Physically or emotionally?" Amara sassed, "you really should be resting, the summit's tomorrow" Barbara told Bruce.

"I'm fine" was all he said, how can he lift so much?

"Like father like son, all things considered master Bruce you are in surprisingly good shape" for someone who's been kidnapped and mind controlled for weeks.

"She treated you, treated us like we were machines that she could just program, that's all we were to her" Damian muttered clearly hurt and when you put it like that I mean you kinda have to feel for him. Imagine if your mum just gave you up, kidnapped your dad, and made a replacement copy of you, I would seriously be questioning my existence if I was him.

"After Bruce Wayne completed his hosting duties at the summit" Amara whispered to Tim "why is he talking in third person?"

"-we'll gather any leads we can to find her" dick interrupted "why wait? I'll call in Kate and Luke and.." Bruce stopped lifting weights sitting up and staring blankly at him "no you shouldn't have involved them in the first place" Bruce stood up walking towards Dick.

"batwing pretty much involved himself" dick defended, "and batwoman?" Your cousin?

"Did she force you to reveal our secrets?!" Bruce and Dick had a little stare off glare off. "You weren't here sir,  Master Dick made a judgment call and I think it was the right one." As always Alfred was here to keep the peace.

"Maybe so, but from here on it's only family" Amara stood up "and that is my cue to leave, the agreement was I stay until you are found, we've found you, job well done so now I'm gone see you at the next crisis" she pointed at the others "-and you at Algebra" she pointed at Tim before quickly making her exit before Bruce realized she was still there and embarrassed her by kicking her out again.

"You shouldn't have involved her either" Bruce told them, Jason scoffed speaking up for the first time since Bruce's return "she's the one who fucking found you and you're still going on about her"

"She's not family" Bruce insisted, "then what am I? Or Jay? Or dick? What about Barbara? She's her family so are you going to kick her out too?" Tim questioned him the two brothers doing what they should've done all along and stick up for their friend.

"I said family only, no one outside this room" Bruce reiterated walking towards the stairs "Mari's looking through the hard drive we pulled from the convent" Dick told him.

"Fine but when she's done that's it"

"But we have to..."

"You're not Batman anymore Dick!" Silence filled the cave as Dicks jaw clenched, "I call the shots around here" Bruce told him before turning and leaving up the stairs.

"He's been through and extraordinary ordeal, Master Dick" Alfred tried to justify Bruce's recent behavior, "yeah well so have we" Dick snapped, "you need to stop defending him Alfred" Jason told him, how could he put up with all of Bruce's bullshit?

Jason sighed grabbing his jacket and heading for his bike, "where do you think you're going?" Barbara asked him, "Bruce is back so my job is done, anyone needs me I'll be in Germany,  see you guys at Christmas or thanksgiving or whatever" he shrugged before hopping on and speeding out of the cave.

"He's not going to Germany is he?" Dick asked, Tim smirked shaking his head "nope".