Chapter 8

They're 14 now btw

It hadn't been long until Amara had wormed her way into the hearts of the batfamily, she seemed to be a good influence and even taught the boys some manners as Alfred praised, the only one who seemed on the fence about her was her beloveds father.

Bruce Wayne was the only person who she hadn't been able to connect with, considering he was Damian's dad that was a problem leading up to this moment.

Damian sat grumbling in the car besides Amara who was masking her agitation with excitement. Truth be told Bruce Wayne was possibly one of the few people she feared and considering the list only consisted of 3 people he ranked number 2.

"Why did father want us to come to the office? He does not like having to deal with his children in front of people" Damian questioned Alfred for the umpteenth time. Amara reached over grabbing a hold of Damian's hand trying to calm him down before they had to step out.

She knew he had no issues with going to his fathers workplace on the contrary he loved to talk about the business and how he sees himself running it one day it actually excites him whenever he would get the opportunity to come to the building. It was his fathers dismissal and lack of involvement that dejected him from it, he hated to disappoint him and to him it felt like he was always in the way of his father work.

"Your father wishes to see you and that is all I am allowed to say" Alfred replied shortly pulling up onto the corner stopping right out side the big doors guarded by 2 bulky men.

"Hey" Amara smiled at him grabbing a hold of his hand, "I've never been here, why don't you show me around, I want to see if it's as good as you mentioned" she nudged her shoulder with his knowing it would cheer him up the slightest bit.

"Of course" he nodded opening the door and helping her out of the car like the gentlemen he is. The two waved goodbye to Alfred and made their way inside ignoring the flashes of cameras and questions coming there way.

They approached a small reception desk and Damian smiled over at the elderly brunette woman who sat there.

"Delores, this is Amara" he introduced "hi nice to meet you" she held her hand out to the brunette. "You too Miss Amara, Mr Wayne is expecting you both in his office as soon as you arrived" Damian nodded shortly tugging Amara to the lift.

The two stepped inside, Amaras eyes widened looking at all the floors and had to restrict herself from pressing each and every one.

"Why would he want to see us? I mean you, I would understand but me? Am I in trouble? Are we in trouble? Does he know about us? I knew it! He doesn't like me! He's going to tell us to break up, hang on, are we even together?" She began to ramble her hand beginning to clam up as she rubbed them onto the jeans she was wearing.

Damian became alarmed at how quickly she had become a wreck, "hey hey, beloved look at me, calm down" he held her face in his hands trying to get her to stop thinking for a second.