Chapter 17

Amara didn't know what she was feeling after the initial shock her emotions were almost non existent, she acted like nothing had even happened, truth be told she was in denial, she wouldn't, she refused to believe her mother had died so easily, the same mother who had been stabbed in the chest and was still up and fighting the next day.

Everyone around her was concerned, they knew emotions weren't really her forte but she was still a young girl who lost her mother to soon and the fact that they couldn't tell what she was feeling scared them even more.

Damian, he was an outright mess, not that you could see it, but if you looked close enough his outburst of anger were more frequent, he spent most of the days training and most of his nights huddled up beside Amara. Unlike her he believed his surrogate mother was dead, for he had seen it with his own eyes, he saw the pain and hurt and betrayal on her face before Slade pulled the trigger, he did anything and everything to try to keep it as far away from his mind as possible.

"Hey guys" Amara greeted as she entered the kitchen, Dick and Barbara felt that it would be good for them to come back to Gotham for a while.

"Hey... how you doing kiddo?" Jason asked "good I guess, I think I may be getting a fever but other than that I'm as healthy as can be" she smiled, not the genuine kind or even a realistic one, the kind that you could tell was forced, but he chose not to say anything.

Tim suddenly walked in with a black eye, "hey what happened?" She asked him concerned, he looked at her skeptically "training with the Demon" Amara scowled at the name as she sent him a glare.

"Don't call him that, you should get some ice on it before it starts swelling" she handed him one out the freezer. Dick then walked in and stopped once his eyes met Amaras.

"Mari, there's something I need to discuss with you and Damian" he announced, she nodded and the others had a small hint of fear on their faces "is someone going to get him?" She asked and dick sighed "Damian's not in the right state of mind when he trains, I think it's best if you go, you know calm him down a little" she sighed before agreeing "sure I'll go get him" she left down to Batcave.

She found her beloved boyfriend beating the sand out of a punching bag. "Dami" she quietly called out and he lifted his gaze from the bag to her. Her eyes observed him, his sweaty body, heavy breathing, his knuckles that were now red and raw.

"Dick wants to talk to us" Amara had also started calling Richard Dick, no one knew what had changed, truth be told neither did she.

Damian silently nodded his head as he went to change. The two silently made their way upstairs where the rest of the family including Barbara had gathered, surprisingly Bruce had even decided to join.

"What's up?" She hesitantly looked around the room, the whole vibe changed everyone seemed to be on edge, Barbara looked almost ready to cry and Tim had a helmet on.

"We've received something and I'm not sure how to tell you what it is" Dick began, "mainly we're scared you're going to kill one of us, mainly me" Tim squeaked out from hiding behind Jason who looked completely done with everything.

Barbara went up to Amara and held her face "it's totally fine if you don't wanna see it but I'll be here if you do" Amara who now looked like a fish muttered out a confused "thank you?"

"Grayson just spit it out" Damian grunted annoyed with all the stalling. "We have the tape of where slade killed your mother" Bruce told them bluntly, everyone turned to him shock.

Amaras smile faltered and Damian's whole body turned rigid, "w-what?" Her face turned to Damian who was gradually turning redder and his chest puffed, he turned away and started walking.