Chapter 9

"Who's she? I thought I was your best friend?" Jon looked at Damian "you are" he agreed turning to his girlfriend.

"Who is this imbecile who thinks he can just take my place? I thought I was your best friend"Amara questioned him watching as his eyes darted between the two. "You are" Damian head kept bobbing back and forth between the two.

"Who is it? Me or her? You can't have two!" Jon told him as he watched Damian who slowly began to grow frustrated.

"I uh... DAMN IT!" Damian cursed shocking both Amara and Jon both knowing Damian wasn't the kind to just openly curse.

"I think we broke him" Jon whispered to Amara who nodded "Dami honey sit down" she sat him on the bed.

"I don't know, I don't know, I don't know" he held his head in his hands as Amara comfortingly rubbed circles into his back.

"It's okay you can have two, I don't know why he thinks you can only have one? Having a male and female best friend creates a balance" she told him side eyeing Jon in the process.

"Seriously who are you?!" He pointed at the brunette who seemingly calmed down his best friend.

Amara stared him down for a second, Damian seemed to trust him enough to allow him to be this close to him, and he had called him his best friend...

"Amara" she reluctantly answered extending a hand out to the younger boy.

"Nice to meet you, how long have you known Damian?" He asked while she continued running her hands through Damian's hair.

"Since I was born" she replied removing her hand once she knew he was calm. "Oh! You... you're her" he pointed at Amara as if he had just discovered this big secret.

"That's her isn't it?" He asked Damian "did your mother ever teach its rude to point?" She pulled his finger down.

"I'm sorry, Damian talks about you all the time, he never mentioned your name but I know all about you" Amara stared at the excited boy, why did Damian talk about her to this overly hyperactive child? Then it hit her.

"You talk about me?" She sent a teasingly smile to Damian who flushed slightly.

"All the time!" Jon emphasized. "Not all the time" Damian shook his head "he'll be doing literally anything and he'll be all like oh I remember when Mari and I used to do this, I'm assuming you're Mari, it'd be awkward if you aren't" he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm Mari, but you can call me Amara, so how long have you and Damian been friends for?" I asked him as he took a seat on a chair beside the bed.

"Since he got here, almost 2 years, he said you were dead I don't.. how? How are you alive? I mean there's Jason who's practically a walking zombie but..." he started to ramble and I couldn't help but smile at the young boy he was filled with so much energy it drew you to him.

"I died, but I got resurrected by the pit, word of advice not a good experience dying so I probably wouldn't try it" I advised Jon. My eyes glanced back to Damian who was watching our interaction suspiciously.

"You okay love?" I asked him watching as his calculating eyes landed back on me "yes i'm fine I just thought this meeting would go differently" he seemed underwhelmed.

"How so? Do you think we were going to fight or something?" I asked knowing the answer before he even said it "what? No" I knew he wanted to say yes deep down.

"It's not like I wouldn't be able to take him" I glanced teasingly at Jon who mocked offended "do you know who I am?" He sassed pointing towards himself.

"Do you know who I am?" I replied back "I am Amara Alexyeva and I lose to no man... or boy!" I glared at him effectively scaring him.

"I-I am the son of Superman! You can't kill me!" He stammered out and I rolled my eyes almost amused "but I can control you" I stared into his eyes before humming a soft tune watching as his eyes flashed purple and his body became more inclined to my words.

"Hush now quiet now it's time to lay your sleepy head hush now quiet now it's time to go to bed" I smiled victoriously before whispering "who's the best? Me and who defeated you? I did, oh and I am Damian's best friend repeat" I pulled out the phone and called to my friend Siri.

"Siri, record video" I whispered into the phone, honestly I would be so lost without the little computer inside my phone to help me.

"Amara is the best and she defeated me oh and she is Damian's best friend" Jon robotically repeated, my compulsion seemed to last longer than I thought it would and Damian looked towards me worried.

Sighing I snapped my fingers and tapped his head effectively pulling him out of the trance he was in.

"What? How? Huh?" He looked at me shaken, "what? You've never been hypnotized before?" I asked jokingly as he turned to Damian.

"This. This is what I was expecting" Damian looked pleased with himself and I nudged his arm smirking as he wrapped it around me.

"Amara has the ability to control people with her voice" Damian told him trying to ease him up trying to stop him from glaring at me.

"She's also going to join the titans upon fathers request" he grumbled out. Jon turned to me "she's joining the team?!" He looked shocked but there was a hint of excitement. "Oh uh Jon's on the team too" Damian added.

"Oh" I nodded at least I know 2 people on the team, it couldn't be so bad right?

We spent some time talking and getting to know each other but it was mostly Jon and I just sharing stories about Damian who just sat there and grumbled when we told an embarrassing one.

"So uh how long has this been going on?" Jon asked motioning between us, at this point Damian's head was in my lap and I was running my fingers through his hair as he pouted.

"A year or so unofficially and about 3 hours officially" I shrugged "1 year 3 months 16 days" Damian spoke up and I looked at him with a smile "yeah" placing a chaste kiss on his lips.

"So you guys are like serious" Jon spoke dramatically, "I guess we are yeah" I smiled "I'm planning to marry this idiot one day" I whispered softly admiring his emerald eyes that looked up at me.